Little Aero, didn’t want to go back in the brooder box. She jumped out and flew to here .
Nap time I guess. image.jpg

Mmmhmmm. I'm waiting until I hear "Oh, and Bessie took my money and bought seven barred rocks because why not".
Nope, sorry no drama stories from yesterday 😊💕
But I did feel bad leaving those wee ones there. I guess I could have raised them to POL and sold, but I am pretty full up now.

I have some silkie chicks coming at the beginning of next month from my nieces class hatch. My luck all 12 will hatch! And al be Roos! Or worse all pullets! Hahaha!

BIG NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT!! HUGE NEWS!!!!

At a roughly a year old, Poppet has something to show you all.
DSCN2984.JPG

Look what she made.
DSCN3040.JPG
DSCN3039.JPG

I had to be careful taking pictures of it, the other side is not pretty. Like many first time pullet eggs the other side is bloody.
It is so little and perfect. Now I just need a broody hen in about 2 weeks.
DSCN3041.JPG

I am believe it or not currently broody hen less. Finally, finally I broke up the last hold out Goose. She gave up Thursday, she sat over 3 weeks stubborn girl.

That makes me sad somehow.
Me too 😢 stuck in a crate first weeks of one’s life - I can’t help but compare my kiddies who are out and about and getting handled.

Tonight is their first night in the Summer House - I have a section secured for them, put their brooder in there and tucked them in to bed, I put some straw at the one end to stop drafts.
BIG NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT!! HUGE NEWS!!!!

At a roughly a year old, Poppet has something to show you all.
View attachment 3822693

Look what she made.
View attachment 3822696View attachment 3822697
I had to be careful taking pictures of it, the other side is not pretty. Like many first time pullet eggs the other side is bloody.
It is so little and perfect. Now I just need a broody hen in about 2 weeks.
View attachment 3822701
I am believe it or not currently broody hen less. Finally, finally I broke up the last hold out Goose. She gave up Thursday, she sat over 3 weeks stubborn girl.
congratulations! Good girl Poppet! It’s odd seeing your silkie eghs that colour, mine lay pinkie peachy coloured eggs.

You should see Betty’s eggs they are still teeny tiny! Half the size of the silkie eggs! She has been laying eggs about a month now - I wonder when they will get larger?

Babies are all in a pile sleeping- no chirping so I guess they are ok…
B399E67F-04E0-4F1B-BC1E-CD65E018B238.png

I did off a corner for them, lots of room to run and fly around, they will soon be able to fly over that wall though!

The silkies sure were interested in them, I put some mesh screen at the corner so they can see out and the silkies can see in.
80E8710B-09A2-402B-BC97-25AA30AC639E.png

Me too 😢 stuck in a crate first weeks of one’s life - I can’t help but compare my kiddies who are out and about and getting handled.

Tonight is their first night in the Summer House - I have a section secured for them, put their brooder in there and tucked them in to bed, I put some straw at the one end to stop drafts.

congratulations! Good girl Poppet! It’s odd seeing your silkie eghs that colour, mine lay pinkie peachy coloured eggs.

You should see Betty’s eggs they are still teeny tiny! Half the size of the silkie eggs! She has been laying eggs about a month now - I wonder when they will get larger?
I find that odd really. Here silkies lay white eggs. The eggs that Branch and his siblings hatched from where white as were the ones I had shipped here last year. Chiquita laid white eggs and now Poppet. I am breaking out the postal scare in a bit, that egg is small, but not tiny. If it is in the range I think it is, she could be up to hatching size for a silkie in about 2 weeks really. It was also a shock to find it. I had honestly given up and came to the conclusion she was just yard eye candy and never going to lay. I had made peace with that conclusion. Now, babies, there will be babies this year. Operation silkie bonanza can go into full swing in a couple weeks.

Back
Top Bottom