Me too 😢 stuck in a crate first weeks of one’s life - I can’t help but compare my kiddies who are out and about and getting handled.

Tonight is their first night in the Summer House - I have a section secured for them, put their brooder in there and tucked them in to bed, I put some straw at the one end to stop drafts.

congratulations! Good girl Poppet! It’s odd seeing your silkie eghs that colour, mine lay pinkie peachy coloured eggs.

You should see Betty’s eggs they are still teeny tiny! Half the size of the silkie eggs! She has been laying eggs about a month now - I wonder when they will get larger?
Piglet lays tiny eggs. They aren’t getting any bigger.

The Eight Belles tragedy happened 16 years ago. She was actually 2nd in the race. I can tell you exactly where I was when that happened. I was in Lexington at St. Josephs East hospital on bed rest 2 days into what would be a 9 day ordeal of being in Labor. One of these days I will throw that guilt of 9 days in labor at her.
My sympathies for 9 days of labor. :eek:

:smack

My feather duster is better then any found at Wal-Mart. Mine crow, snuggle and finally one of them lays eggs. Your Wal-Mart silkies cannot do that.
Gosh. I remember back when you loved dignified chickens like Marans.
20170520_162756.jpg

Last edited:
This is actually a pretty informative page. Thanks for sharing! I just learned a thing or two about how to care for my peach tree. It’s a 4 way mix and suffers from Peach Leaf curl.

Good question. I have the same- about Whiskey. She’s been laying since January, but her eggs are pretty small. At this point do I just assume they’ll stay the same size forever? Until next year?

And oddly, Perry’s have started to see some size increase… all very disappointing, since she lays without a shell. At all. 🤪
Oh wow poor Perry still not making a shell.

I started to research eggs with thin shells and no shells when Petunia had her issue, came across an article on a virus called Egg Drop Syndrome
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topic...rus 1 (DAdV-1,and soon became known worldwide.

Had me all freaked out at first but seeing as how no one else has issues and seeing as how her eggs are now back to normal (hard shelled) I calmed down a bit 😳

Actually I have been giving her calcium every other night since she had her egg-possode and went to the Vet.

Back
Top Bottom