Follow along for my Classroom Hatch-A-Long!

Totally forgot to post pics last week. Today is day 14, we candles, weighed, calculated weight loss %, and are now waiting impatiently! Tomorrow the kids will pick a breed to research and look up facts about eggs laid per year, hen & rooster height & weight, features, colors, comb/feathering, and weather hardiness!

Here is a pic of the eggs and the scale & candler!

067C0E47-244B-4EBB-99E2-BD34C3FB0C55.jpeg D836CB88-B0EB-4F25-A2A5-EEB48D8E3236.jpeg

Super excited we still have 12 eggs going. Will be amazing if they all hatch! 😊

Also, chickens are not allowed in the city I teach in, so I am thinking we can practice some persuasive letters/essays and send them to the city council. A LOT of the kids want chickens now…lol.
Have them research ordnances for nearby urban areas, too. Not only will it help with their persuasive letters, but it can easily tie into a "government" unit. Either way, it's something they should know how to do as a a potential renter/homeowner someday. Those sorts of life lessons are sadly lacking in today's curriculum. Kudos to you for adding them in for your project!

Have them research ordnances for nearby urban areas, too. Not only will it help with their persuasive letters, but it can easily tie into a "government" unit. Either way, it's something they should know how to do as a a potential renter/homeowner someday. Those sorts of life lessons are sadly lacking in today's curriculum. Kudos to you for adding them in for your project!
Thanks! Great idea!

Back
Top Bottom