Giant Muscovy Duck Hen

TyjTheMighty

In the Brooder
Jan 7, 2020
Hi, 1st ever post ^_^ does anyone have any abnormally large duck hens?

I'll have to get some pics for you guys, but I have a muscovy duck that's the same size as my drake - for a while she's was larger than him! I was wondering how common this is? Or is it possible she's intersexed? She and her sister are 7 months old, and they're haven't had their 1st lay just yet. Her sister is a normal size. But Coco (the duck in question) looks pretty female minus her size. And she seems always ready to mate with our drake and she gets a little jealous when he's mating with the other ducks too much. But she also sometimes mounts the other ducks (but no bobbing or insertion), I'm assuming for dominance since she IS a huge duck.

She's about 12/13lbs to give some perspective.

Unless over weight that sure isn’t normal for a female Muscovy I’ve had a few at 7lbs but mine usually top out at 5-6. Pictures would be great. And did you hatch this scovy? :welcome

She's the grey/lavender and white one. The male is the darker/blue and white one.
And the 1st pic she's right next to my chocolate and white female (her sister).

Lol she does like to eat though.

Attachments

• part0(6).jpg
    part0(6).jpg
    620.3 KB · Views: 37
  • WpELZKBF-3144175.jpeg
    WpELZKBF-3144175.jpeg
    396.4 KB · Views: 42
  • RUBYFPEh-3151960.jpeg
    RUBYFPEh-3151960.jpeg
    445.3 KB · Views: 41
Actually looks like a drake to me. Legs are thick. Can you get a front view of this Muscovy so we can see full front view including legs. Beautiful Muscovy ducks.

Thank you ^_^ and I'll see if I can get my husband to send me a pic since I'm at work atm and I won't be home til late. S/he doesn't act like any of my other drakes... but if Coco turns out to be a boy I'll let the ppl I got her/him from know. I bought them at 2 months old. The only muscovy I hatched myself is the Drake (and he had a sister who was killed by a hawk at around 2 months old -> which is why I got Coco and her sister)

If you mean the one that is basically in the center of the first picture... @Miss Lydia is right, that's a drake... if you mean the one that kinda looks light grey/white <to me> I think it may be a drake, too. It's bill is a little wider then females.

Coco looked female when we got it. And Coco does his little
If you mean the one that is basically in the center of the first picture... @Miss Lydia is right, that's a drake... if you mean the one that kinda looks light grey/white <to me> I think it may be a drake, too. It's bill is a little wider then females.

The one in the middle is a drake. The other one (Coco) looked very female when we 1st got her. She's always eaten a lot though. And she acts like a duck. But she definitely doesn't look like a duck. I thought as she grew things would clear up - because muscovies are pretty easy to tell apart for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom