Giant Muscovy Duck Hen

Well I must be wrong then an you have a hefty female Muscovy. I can honestly say I have never seen one as large as Cocoa. If your In the US egg laying for my Muscovy starts around 8-9 months old . Please let us know when she lays her first egg.

Well I must be wrong then an you have a hefty female Muscovy. I can honestly say I have never seen one as large as Cocoa. If your In the US egg laying for my Muscovy starts around 8-9 months old . Please let us know when she lays her first egg.

I'll definitely keep you guys posted! And I've had several other duck keepers come take a look at her when she was smaller (5-6lbs) and they just thought she was a chunky girl. And she's always acted like a typical duck. She just doesn't look like one :)

Coco is a drake.
Yea she def is the size of one. But I'll post in a month or 2 to see how Coco is in general. Idc either way. It's just strange that she (or he) acts like a duck but is the size of a drake. BUT now that I think of it. The lady I got her from had some abnormally massive female hens... maybe I'll ask her if she could send me some pics

Hi, 1st ever post ^_^ does anyone have any abnormally large duck hens?

I'll have to get some pics for you guys, but I have a muscovy duck that's the same size as my drake - for a while she's was larger than him! I was wondering how common this is? Or is it possible she's intersexed? She and her sister are 7 months old, and they're haven't had their 1st lay just yet. Her sister is a normal size. But Coco (the duck in question) looks pretty female minus her size. And she seems always ready to mate with our drake and she gets a little jealous when he's mating with the other ducks too much. But she also sometimes mounts the other ducks (but no bobbing or insertion), I'm assuming for dominance since she IS a huge duck.

She's about 12/13lbs to give some perspective.

You need to get her together with @Cristi2205 and his big muscovy drake while the rest of us prepare to be enslaved by our giant muscovy duck overlords.

Back
Top Bottom