Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
I'm going to be starting a similar breeding project in the spring, with Cochins and Barred Rocks to eventually have autosexing jumbo silkies. I'm fairly lucky that the Barred Rock roo I got is a big boy.
Like this? I want to breed him into mine for barring pattern eventually.
20210909_143006.jpg

This project is designed to create giant fluffy chickens.

Who doesn't love Silkies, & wish they had some the size of Brahmas?

I have both Silkies, & Brahmas, color patterns isn't a concern until Silkie feathering, 5 toes, & black skin are produced.

I'll only be using my largest Silkie cockerels/roosters to breed with my Brahmas.

Pictures of my large Silkie cockerels.

First Boy is next to a Bantam Silkie cockerel for size comparison.View attachment 2013213View attachment 2013217Second Boy next to a 5 gallon Bucket.View attachment 2013219View attachment 2013221Here's a picture of my Brahmas.View attachment 2013223
Awesome! My guy weighs 9 lbs and I call him my Giant Silkie, but in all actuality he’s a Giant Satin since he has the smooth feathering.

Attachments

• IMG_5032.png
    IMG_5032.png
    2 MB · Views: 5
I am finally hatching F1’s for my giant silkie line. I may take the Brahma out but I haven’t decided. My Brahmas just aren’t that big but the Cochin line I’m using is massive. Have you needed to artificially inseminate? At the moment I have a silkie rooster with Cochin hens but I might look into artificial insemination to breed the Cochin rooster to my silkie hens. I’m gonna update my thread soon and I need to remember to take pics. Any ETA on when you plan to start breeding again?

Back
Top Bottom