Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
Pics
I am wanting to do a Giant silkie project too. I have light, dark, and Partridge Brahmas and am considering getting a few Jersey Giants and/or cochins to work with as well. I also went to a swap this past weekend and saw something else I want to work on, a Barred Showgirl, but that may wait until I have Giant silkies to work with. I would have bought it, but it was a roo and we already have too many roos 😭 He was absolutely gorgeous

I am wanting to do a Giant silkie project too. I have light, dark, and Partridge Brahmas and am considering getting a few Jersey Giants and/or cochins to work with as well. I also went to a swap this past weekend and saw something else I want to work on, a Barred Showgirl, but that may wait until I have Giant silkies to work with. I would have bought it, but it was a roo and we already have too many roos 😭 He was absolutely gorgeous
Nice to hear you're interested in this type of project. Everything may work out for you sometime.
You should see how many roosters I have;).

Nice to hear you're interested in this type of project. Everything may work out for you sometime.
You should see how many roosters I have;).
It's looking like I got lucky with my Partridge brahmas, I think I only got 1 roo and 4 hens out of the 5 I hatched, can't tell yet with the lights though. I've got 9 Roos in my darks, though I have 25 total, I ordered them 20 straight run and 10 sexed females to make sure I had a good ratio but still have enough to be able to choose a couple of good roos. I've just got to get my hands on a few silkies.

It's looking like I got lucky with my Partridge brahmas, I think I only got 1 roo and 4 hens out of the 5 I hatched, can't tell yet with the lights though. I've got 9 Roos in my darks, though I have 25 total, I ordered them 20 straight run and 10 sexed females to make sure I had a good ratio but still have enough to be able to choose a couple of good roos. I've just got to get my hands on a few silkies.
I'm most likely going to be hatching more silkies next spring. Is there any color in particular you are wanting?

I'm most likely going to be hatching more silkies next spring. Is there any color in particular you are wanting?
Anything but white. Not crazy about solid white for some reason, I'm just not a fan. Possibly from raising quail and the solid whites seem to always look like crap, They just get so dirty and they aren't even on the ground! I definitely want some blues to go with Elvis, my niece's blue Silkie/Polish cross Roo. He needs some girlfriends, and since they are at my house, I can use them to experiment with ;)

Back
Top Bottom