Goose house?

When you close them in at night, do they have access to feed and water? I don't close mine in since they have a large fenced yard. In fact in doesn't appear they bed down in their house. Maybe they will in the winter? They are just 5 months.

No feed or water in the night houses here. However if you don't provide a secure nighttime house they are open to predators to kill them. Always best to secure them at night to keep the, safe. A fenced yard is not going to stop raccoons, wondering dogs, cyotes, bobcats or mountain lions.

Mine are closed in at night but I do give them a bucket of water and a bowl of lettuce & peas. They aren't nearly as messy as the ducks.
You should see my gander he just about takes a bath in his water bucket he would have the house soaked. No water inside any of my coops, nor food.

Thank you for the info everyone. Maybe I've become too complacent since we haven't had any predators...
Thats the problem grannyh, we do get complacent I put a game camera out where our coops/houses are and we have raccoon, opossum, and a big blk bear, plus bobcat foxes. coyotes. You may think you don't have preds but they are there.

Wild Peas - you never said if it was just a regular mirror like you'd put on the back of a door. That's what it looks like. I think the geese would enjoy it, and I'd like to put one in my goose house.

Sorry, its a real mirror. Its attached completely flat to the wall without any gaps behind it so it cant bend and crack when they peck at it. After we mounted it my husband and I both banged on it with our knuckles to see if we could break it.

Back
Top Bottom