Goose house?

Yeah, it did!!
lol.png
What size is your goose door?
It's only 10wide by 17 high, but I have seen my full grown Embden Gander go through it, but mostly they use the big door, the pop door is mainly for the chickens and ducks since we have nesting boxes in this house too. You diff want to go bigger than 10X17 since your geese will be using it for their main entrance, but they will duck and not mind honest.

Here is our newly finished goose house. We just put in a single door, I think its about 4 feet high and two feet wide. It wouldn't work obviously for an automatic door but the width is just right for my two embdens. If I wanted we could make it a dutch door like I have on my duck house. It would then be a 2 foot by 2 foot door and they would have to duck their heads to go in and out.

We also put in a "sleeping porch" and a mirror to keep them occupied in the night.

Here is our newly finished goose house. We just put in a single door, I think its about 4 feet high and two feet wide. It wouldn't work obviously for an automatic door but the width is just right for my two embdens. If I wanted we could make it a dutch door like I have on my duck house. It would then be a 2 foot by 2 foot door and they would have to duck their heads to go in and out.

We also put in a "sleeping porch" and a mirror to keep them occupied in the night.

Very nice. and with the mirror they can make sure every feather is in place before coming out in the morning.
wink.png

yeah im quite curious about the mirrors purpose

i started my goose house a few days ago

out of the 6 sides 4 are done

just the roof and front to go

looking good so far

The mirror is quite literally for them to look at themselves. I had noticed that one of my geese liked to look at herself in any reflective surface and sometimes she would peck at it. She would do it for an hour or more somedays so I put in a mirror to entertain her. She looks in it every single night when she goes into their house, making sure her "friends" are still there I guess. At any rate it keeps her from getting bored which will be important when winter is here and they are in their house for longer periods.

The mirror is quite literally for them to look at themselves. I had noticed that one of my geese liked to look at herself in any reflective surface and sometimes she would peck at it. She would do it for an hour or more somedays so I put in a mirror to entertain her. She looks in it every single night when she goes into their house, making sure her "friends" are still there I guess. At any rate it keeps her from getting bored which will be important when winter is here and they are in their house for longer periods.
I figured as much they are such hams, I'm sure my gander would love to be able to see himself. LOL may have to look for a mirror.

That makes sense about the mirror...i have noticed my geese looking at chrome bumpers quite often. With my parakeets they also like to look at themselves, thinking its another bird i guess.

smile.png

That makes sense about the mirror...i have noticed my geese looking at chrome bumpers quite often. With my parakeets they also like to look at themselves, thinking its another bird i guess.

smile.png
I can see Missy saying to Sammy does these feathers make my butt look big as she is gazing at herself in the mirror.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom