Gordie's Chicken List Black and Blue Orps UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, not kidding at all!

I had some chicks brought in from Sandhill Preservation and the box looked like it was shaken up or banged up a bit since there were dents and folded back top covers. I was missing three chicks and Sandhill said sorry, not responsible if the PO did that and they did have the right amount of chicks in the box before they shipped them out. I was not happy about it but at the mercy of USPS neglience! I didnt have the box insured either.

Not all USPS would do this nasty deed but just a few bad apples spoil the arrival of our chicks!

Yes, Asher, the postal people have a ball smashing the boxes marked fragile or live or eggs inside. My postal lady told me she wished they could catch the ones doing it. My one box arrived totally smashed on the bottom, another box had eggs triple wrapped in bubble wrap and then the entire insides were cushioned and there were two eggs totally smashed. Egg yolk everywhere including all over the note taped inside the box which told me it was after the box was sealed. I don't know the workings of the post office but know my local office is great with them. It is somewhere where the load or unload enroute.

I will say that I ordered chicks from this same person about a year and a half ago. They were all but four (out of 25) dead in 3 days. I do not believe it was the PO.

Stacy

I ordered a total of 30 chicks from Gordie back in mid February of this year. 10 were one week old and the remaining 20 were one day old at the time of shipment. All 30 chicks were healthy and robust and continue to thrive real well 4 months later. I never lost a single chick for any reason even during the super cold ( zero degree temps ) in WI at the time of shipment to Louisiana.

Good going, Yogi!
wink.png

I've never had a bad bird from Gordie tho!

Just keep working on those remaining chicks and if folks dont have problems on their end, well, I dont know what to say.

I am not one hundred percent certain if Gordie will be hatching thru the summer months but he probably taking a break after he can filfull the orders that he is able to. By fall, he should be able to pick that back up again!

I just read an email from my mother that 2 of her remaining chicks are fading fast. That means we may very well lose 8 of the 25. No, I do not believe this is related all that much to shipping. It is very possible that Gordie has something going on that even he isn't aware of. I am going to email him and explain the situation. I would recommend Eliz do the same. I do want to say that I'm not mad at Gordie....but he does need to know there is a problem so he can fix it on his end. Mom and I both ordered chicks that are hard to find/get from most hatcheries so we were excited to give him our business. I hope he can get a handle on things so he can continue to offer such rare chicks.

Quote:
To be honest 8 of 25 is not a big loss at all and I think you would be losing more if it were something like a disease or a problem with Gordie's stock. Shipping is a huge risk and I just am not sure that blame can be put of the breeder at all!

Quote:
To be honest 8 of 25 is not a big loss at all and I think you would be losing more if it were something like a disease or a problem with Gordie's stock. Shipping is a huge risk and I just am not sure that blame can be put of the breeder at all!

I'm not sure you've read all of the posts regarding this topic. The problem is not just with my chick order. I've shipped many, many chicks and have never seen this before......

Quote:

I'm not sure you've read all of the posts regarding this topic. The problem is not just with my chick order. I've shipped many, many chicks and have never seen this before......

Ok I have read through all the post and I don't think you have done anything wrong at all and you just want the best for the chicks! I hope the rest servive! I do think that shipping older chicks may have stressed them allot and you did say that the box was very beat up the poor things could have had internal damage. I hope your chicks do well for your now sounds like they are getting nothing but the best treatment.

Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom