Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

What's a good cut off date for collecting eggs? I've heard 2 weeks.
Eggsperts say the viability starts dropping at two weeks so the hatch rate would most likely go down for any over that amt of time.

Someone recently shipped me eggs and threw in a bunch she said were getting close to 3 weeks old. So by the time I got them, they were over 3 weeks. There were 22, and I have 18 left that still looked viable at the last candling a few days ago. One week to go!

I've never incubated Marans eggs, but I've read they require lower humidity because of the thick shell, you may want to confirm this in the BCM thread🤷
You are correct, and I'm a regular in the BCM thread. That's why I mentioned them being BCM eggs just to get others insight as well, so thank you....I'm gonna try shooting for low 30/60 humidity. 🤔

Eggsperts say the viability starts dropping at two weeks so the hatch rate would most likely go down for any over that amt of time.

Someone recently shipped me eggs and threw in a bunch she said were getting close to 3 weeks old. So by the time I got them, they were over 3 weeks. There were 22, and I have 18 left that still looked viable at the last candling a few days ago. One week to go!
IMG_20240306_104557.jpg

Joannie is my darkest layer and took a 2 week break while I was collecting eggs. 😡 So I'm trying to get a few more before I set.
Angel is an (F2) Joannie's daughter and a favorite with the experts in the BCM thread and a dark layer also.
And Betty has no copper, but my Kong is over colored in his chest so they are my perfect match for correct coloring.
All 3 are a test mate to my second roo.

Wishing you the best of luck with your hatch. Very interested to know the final hatch and thank you for the insight ♥️

I had eggs shipped to me last year and had to let them sit for 5 days until my current hatch finished and I cleaned the incubator and got it going again, out of 14 eggs, 11 hatched. The fresher the better, but I really think it's how you store them too. (I had mine in my closet, in an egg carton pointy side down)
The collected eggs for hatching are in the freezer part so a lil darker spot and maybe a lil cooler.
IMG_20240307_115523.jpg
IMG_20240307_115612.jpg

Has anyone recalibrated their 360 and know the sequence for both temp and humidity? It's not in the instructions.
Sorry no, I just run mine at 100, knowing it’s a little cooler than it says.

It’s also our first ever incubation, so we aren’t the ones to ask haha. First Candling day 9 tonight though! I’m excited to see what is going on in there!

Sorry no, I just run mine at 100, knowing it’s a little cooler than it says.

It’s also our first ever incubation, so we aren’t the ones to ask haha. First Candling day 9 tonight though! I’m excited to see what is going on in there!
No worries.... I found it.
Maybe this will be useful for others searching...
Much good luck with your hatch... 🙂
Screenshot_20200803-115242_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20200803-115235_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
I'm setting today or tomorrow after calibration.. so excited after my first failed hatch. I've checked some of the eggs I'm not setting and all 3 hens are fertile with big Kong, so we're a go... 🤪
Good luck! Hope it’s a great hatch!

I candled 21 eggs tonight (day 9 or 10) and had three unfertilized, one with a potential blood ring that I made a note to keep an eye on, five that were dark enough I couldn’t see what was happening and 12 that were active and looked great!

Back
Top Bottom