Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Please don't leave. I'm a chick breeder (newish) & relish information from wise people as you! Currently, I have 22 Welsummer eggs in my new NR 360. It is day 23, 7 have hatched & I see 1 pip. I believe there's always a "flurry of hatching" & after that the hatch is almost over. Relied on the unit's factory set temp @ 99.5 w 35-40% RH & during lockdown 65-70 deg. I'll be so disappointed in the 360 if I dont get a good hatch.
Always set an extra temp and humidity gauge to be sure everything is as it should be

With your blue cochin, all the pullets and cockerels will be blue or black, but the males will be barred, with your splash they will all be blue, but the cockerels will be barred
My CCL has an amazing crest. If that passes on to the babies they would be the cutest "olive eggers" (more mint since Cochins are a lighter tan and not the dark brown like Marans)

My CCL has an amazing crest. If that passes on to the babies they would be the cutest "olive eggers" (more mint since Cochins are a lighter tan and not the dark brown like Marans)
That is what my lavender orp is going to be for, Isabel EE's, light green eggs, but big ol fluffy butts with beards and muffs 🥰 Get it woman! Make the magic happen 😊

That is what my lavender orp is going to be for, Isabel EE's, light green eggs, but big ol fluffy butts with beards and muffs 🥰 Get it woman! Make the magic happen 😊
Sounds amazing!!!!!! My favorite Ee/Cochin cross baby from last year is splash with big cheeks and lays pretty green eggs. I was thrilled that one turned out to be a pullet. The other 2 are blue, one lighter one really dark, and pretty but no cheeks.

Some pics of my CCL and then my splash EE/Cochin mix

Attachments

• IMG_20240206_160207474.jpg
    IMG_20240206_160207474.jpg
    577.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240127_160622595.jpg
    IMG_20240127_160622595.jpg
    755.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240127_160604839.jpg
    IMG_20240127_160604839.jpg
    699.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20231226_145557837.jpg
    IMG_20231226_145557837.jpg
    837.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20231226_145544530.jpg
    IMG_20231226_145544530.jpg
    905.4 KB · Views: 2
Question for the brain trust! When I hold down menu, and it flashes the option to change temp or to change day, it still shows D-21 even though they went in four days ago. Is that just letting me know its on a D-21 schedule? Or does it still think its the first day? Just want to make sure when I get to lockdown the eggs stop turning, etc.

Or, do I need to adjust it down to D-3 when I enter lockdown?

Seeing it in that context was helpful! If I just push the menu button it shows 18, which should be right as I loaded them in after supper which would be day 0. I was holding it in and it showed 21, but that is just the setting.

Seeing it in that context was helpful! If I just push the menu button it shows 18, which should be right as I loaded them in after supper which would be day 0. I was holding it in and it showed 21, but that is just the setting.
I got ya... I haven't used mine enough to know all the INS and OUTS of it. But I had the PDF available so thought it might help.

Glad you got it sorted and this helps me learn too... 🙂👍

I got ya... I haven't used mine enough to know all the INS and OUTS of it. But I had the PDF available so thought it might help.

Glad you got it sorted and this helps me learn too... 🙂👍
I appreciate it! I have the paper manual next to it on the table, but wasn't thinking about it clearly haha.

It is a pretty neat little machine, temp and humidity seem stable, they turn smoothly. This is my first ever time incubating, and I will do my first ever candling this weekend and see how things are developing!

I appreciate it! I have the paper manual next to it on the table, but wasn't thinking about it clearly haha.

It is a pretty neat little machine, temp and humidity seem stable, they turn smoothly. This is my first ever time incubating, and I will do my first ever candling this weekend and see how things are developing!
My first hatch was a few weeks back and went south. I didn't calibrate it. Temp was reading 80ish on day 24 when I wondered why they weren't hatching. It was just a test hatch with my eggs so no lose really.

I'm setting eggs by this weekend and it'll be calibrated. I'm still worried about what humidity I should run still but we'll see how it goes. Fingers are crossed. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom