Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Lol. I talked my husband into 8, he was thinking 4. Then added 2 more to that order. But one passed away at 9 weeks and 2 turned out to be roos so rehomed 1. So 3 yrs ago I had 8 to start.... I now have 30 and getting ready to set more next week, but can only keep 4 this year.
🤔 1+1+1+1=10? Ah, yes, that is appropriate chicken math. Just wanted to double check the calculations 🤣

He's not "really" counting, plus he probably only really knows who the OG's are😉
LOL think he only really knows the roo that doesn't like him (it is the first chick that HE picked out. LMAO!!!!!!! so technically "his") and the "BIG GUY" (my other roo) and my sweet buff brahma that likes to hang out with us when we go in the run. other than that he really has no clue who or how many are out there unless he asks. :) but they won't fit in my coop/run and he won't make it any bigger or add another coop. 😒🙄

LOL think he only really knows the roo that doesn't like him (it is the first chick that HE picked out. LMAO!!!!!!! so technically "his") and the "BIG GUY" (my other roo) and my sweet buff brahma that likes to hang out with us when we go in the run. other than that he really has no clue who or how many are out there unless he asks. :) but they won't fit in my coop/run and he won't make it any bigger or add another coop. 😒🙄
I hear ya, I'm capped at 15, but that doesn't mean I can't have a boat load of chicks at any given time😊 I'm at 10 right now, probably going to be selling 2 more POL pullets, but I'm setting 46 eggs next weekend, soooo... some are already sold, but some will be sticking around for awhile so I can see who I want to keep. ❤️

I hear ya, I'm capped at 15, but that doesn't mean I can't have a boat load of chicks at any given time😊 I'm at 10 right now, probably going to be selling 2 more POL pullets, but I'm setting 46 eggs next weekend, soooo... some are already sold, but some will be sticking around for awhile so I can see who I want to keep. ❤️
I have 25, I think, shipped eggs coming next Tue or Wed. And I think 12 on Mon. Lol. And I plan on hatching some from my own flock this year. Hoping I can sell a lot as straight run. Some I will keep and grow out so I can pick who I want to keep. Depending on how well selling them as straight run goes will depend on how much I hatch this year. Last year I hatched March to Aug about every 4 weeks, many times only 3 weeks between. I kept who I wanted, sold lots of pullets or "believed" pullets and gave away lots of roos. But I kept a lot for 6-12+ weeks. Hoping I don't have to keep them that long this year

I have 25, I think, shipped eggs coming next Tue or Wed. And I think 12 on Mon. Lol. And I plan on hatching some from my own flock this year. Hoping I can sell a lot as straight run. Some I will keep and grow out so I can pick who I want to keep. Depending on how well selling them as straight run goes will depend on how much I hatch this year. Last year I hatched March to Aug about every 4 weeks, many times only 3 weeks between. I kept who I wanted, sold lots of pullets or "believed" pullets and gave away lots of roos. But I kept a lot for 6-12+ weeks. Hoping I don't have to keep them that long this year
I basically did the same thing. My English Orp chicks were sold before they even hatched most of the time (always a few left over, but usually even they were gone within a few weeks) The only ones I kept to grow out were my chocolates and lavenders because I wanted a pullet from each. I'm hoping this year goes just as smoothly, but it's different breeds, so we shall she. I won't sell any of the Isabel Ameraucanas to be sure I get the cockerel and pullets I want. It'll be fun keeping up with your chicken crazy this year, I've enjoyed this little boondoggle!

It really is a pretty slick system! My calibrated thermometers have the unit as just slightly cooler than it thinks it is, so I bumped it to 100 and my thermometers say it’s 99.4. So, close enough I think…?

I’m a huge nerd, so I’m going to move one of my security cameras from the pond (it’s really a wildlife camera) to the room so I can check in on it 24/7.

Thanks for all the comments, wisdom, and well wishes. It’s our first time doing anything chicken related and I’m not sure I’d have made it this far without such a supportive community!

You're not a nerd, I have a camera in my coop and my run, my husband says I'm a chicken stalker🤪 🤣 I check the video clips multiple times a day.

Lol. I have 1 in each coop and 1 in both sides of the run. Lol. And close to hatch time have one on the incubator. I check to see who lays in what box.

I stalk mine in person. 🤪
In my defense tho, I'm collecting from 3 specific hens for a test hatch with my other roo. It's a little tedious everytime someone makes a fuss I have to go in to see who's laying and then recheck to grab their eggs, but I'm out there all day working around.

Back
Top Bottom