Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Pics
I know this is an older post, but I just got this incubator today and it says to make sure it is in a room that doesn’t go below 72 degrees. Our heat is set at 70 during the day and 68 at night...last year I set our incubator in our dining room/school room because there is no draft from doors opening and it is away from the window so no direct sunlight. Will it still work just fine to use it in a room that will probably be cooler than 72?

I know this is an older post, but I just got this incubator today and it says to make sure it is in a room that doesn’t go below 72 degrees. Our heat is set at 70 during the day and 68 at night...last year I set our incubator in our dining room/school room because there is no draft from doors opening and it is away from the window so no direct sunlight. Will it still work just fine to use it in a room that will probably be cooler than 72?
I have this incubator and really like it. This isn’t a definitive answer. But I wonder if you could use something like bubble wrap to help insulate the incubator a bit more? Maybe just around the edges leaving the top and bottom clear for air circulation.

We do the same here. I set my heat at 67-68 in the winter and I didn't have any issues with the incubator.

So what's everyone's humidity at??? So much conflicting info lol

The conflicting information is because people find the sweet spot for their incubators where they're located and think it's as simple as that. I do feel the type of incubator you're using makes the biggest difference so you're in the right place.

You need to base your humidity on how the air cells are growing. Most of my hatches this year in my NR360s have ranged between 35-55%. Usually right at 45% and I adjust up or down based on whether the air cells seem too big or too small. I increase humidity to 65% at lockdown.

The conflicting information is because people find the sweet spot for their incubators where they're located and think it's as simple as that. I do feel the type of incubator you're using makes the biggest difference so you're in the right place.

You need to base your humidity on how the air cells are growing. Most of my hatches this year in my NR360s have ranged between 35-55%. Usually right at 45% and I adjust up or down based on whether the air cells seem too big or too small. I increase humidity to 65% at lockdown.
I have been keeping mine at 45 as well and the air cells are looking good! So I do think that is the sweet spot for me as well

I got one on sale and I'm so excited! Loaded 22 of my own flocks eggs and 20 are fertile and look amazing. Hatch day is 4/14! View attachment 2081223

Update! 17/20 fertile eggs hatched. Actually two were zipping and passed away for some reason so just one gee that didn't pip. Here are my cuties! Absolutely loved this incubator and about to re-load

Attachments

• IMG_20200416_075719173.jpg
    IMG_20200416_075719173.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom