Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Pics
What's a safe range for humidity for lockdown of courtinx quail? My humidity has been going everywhere since I started lockdown to the point I'm scared of leaving because it raises by literally 10-20% while I'm watching it. I don't k is if it's better to have it near 70% or a little lower than 50% worste case scenario

65% is usually my go to for hatch for most species but in the NR360 70% is ok too. In some incubators I would say to err on the side of caution but I've literally never lost a chick to high humidity at hatch in the NR360.

Note that if you're close to hatch the humidity may be starting to go up if your chicks are internally pipping. That's often my sign that I have internal pips when I see it start to creep up a little and then you'll have temporary spikes when the chicks hatch. These spikes are much shorter period of time with quail because they're tiny.

I have, but I've been checking for pips and I haven't found any to explain the sudden skyrockets. I guess I wouldn't be too worried except I'm working all the days that I should be hatching so I can't stand by and make sure everything is going perfectly

The only other thing I can think of would be if you're seeing the difference in humidity after the incubator warms the water enough to actually cause the percentage to go up. I typically leave my vent open all the way and fill both sides A and B with water. I've heard people complain about the water evaporating more quickly than they would like but I've never heard anyone complain about it being too high in the Nurture Right 360. Do you have the newest dome top model? I don't have any experience with that one, I wonder if it's different.

I think it's a newer one? I got it for Christmas last year from either BigR or TSC. I finally got the temperature stable enough to go to sleep by having the vent open halfway and proping the lid open with a nickle.

I used it a little over 2 months ago to hatch chicken eggs and it was fine. I'm wondering ifbits because of the size and quantity difference I have with the quail eggs (36 Quail as opposed to 22 chicken)

I think it's a newer one? I got it for Christmas last year from either BigR or TSC. I finally got the temperature stable enough to go to sleep by having the vent open halfway and proping the lid open with a nickle.

I used it a little over 2 months ago to hatch chicken eggs and it was fine. I'm wondering ifbits because of the size and quantity difference I have with the quail eggs (36 Quail as opposed to 22 chicken)
That temperature is being read an inch or more above the eggs...vs at egg level. If you have a cold air source along one side, you'll have a large difference in temperature from top to bottom.

Hmm...that doesn't sound good though. There may be something else going on with your incubator. Having to prop it open isn't a good sign. You haven't dropped yours have you? lol, I only ask because I have 3 of these incubators and I finally busted one by dropping it rather aggressively on a hard floor and while fiddling with settings and trying to fix the fan it actually increased to over 105 degrees yesterday. So the fan running properly is absolutely necessary for this incubator to run properly.

Back
Top Bottom