Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I CANNOT get my humidity to come down during lockdown and I am in a full panic about it. The highest I’ve seen it was 77-78% and that’s taking ALL water out of port A and B and vent fully open. I just opened the closet door and pointed a fan in there, but I don’t know if that’s the right answer. It’s raining in Southern Texas right now. Any other suggestions?!!! I’m on day 19. The RH has slowly increased from 70% after filling port B yesterday. I am reading through this whole thread and just read that internal pips can cause RH to rise slowly, but now it’s too high. HELPPPPP.

I CANNOT get my humidity to come down during lockdown and I am in a full panic about it. The highest I’ve seen it was 77-78% and that’s taking ALL water out of port A and B and vent fully open. I just opened the closet door and pointed a fan in there, but I don’t know if that’s the right answer. It’s raining in Southern Texas right now. Any other suggestions?!!! I’m on day 19. The RH has slowly increased from 70% after filling port B yesterday. I am reading through this whole thread and just read that internal pips can cause RH to rise slowly, but now it’s too high. HELPPPPP.

A combination of the rain and internal pips are probably what is increasing the humidity, though that's pretty high, if it's temporary it should still be just fine. Did you use a paper towel or anything to absorb the water from the external port?

I don't think you have anything to worry about if it's just a short term spike but in extreme cases where people have kept their incubators in areas with elevated humidity fr the entire incubation I know someone had success baking a sponge until it was a dried up wafer and she put it in her incubator and it seemed to lower the humidity to a satisfactory number for her.

A combination of the rain and internal pips are probably what is increasing the humidity, though that's pretty high, if it's temporary it should still be just fine. Did you use a paper towel or anything to absorb the water from the external port?

I don't think you have anything to worry about if it's just a short term spike but in extreme cases where people have kept their incubators in areas with elevated humidity fr the entire incubation I know someone had success baking a sponge until it was a dried up wafer and she put it in her incubator and it seemed to lower the humidity to a satisfactory number for her.
You’re seriously amazing, thank you!
I used a syringe to get as much of the water out as possible and the ports themselves are completely dry, but I didn’t think to use a paper towel or something absorbent. That’s also a great idea about the sponge!
Pointing the fan into my closet has brought RH down to 71% currently, so it’s better. AND I have my first external pip! Which I wouldn’t have expected on day 19. 😍😍😍

You’re seriously amazing, thank you!
I used a syringe to get as much of the water out as possible and the ports themselves are completely dry, but I didn’t think to use a paper towel or something absorbent. That’s also a great idea about the sponge!
Pointing the fan into my closet has brought RH down to 71% currently, so it’s better. AND I have my first external pip! Which I wouldn’t have expected on day 19. 😍😍😍
I just looked again and the pip is definitely at the opposite end of the air cell. 👎👎

I just looked again and the pip is definitely at the opposite end of the air cell. 👎👎

Do you mean the pointed end of the egg? It makes sense to see upsidedown pips early because it's both the internal and external pip in one go. So it will feel like it take twice as long for that chick to hatch when in reality it's taking the same amount of time as the chicks that are just internally pipped right now.

Do you mean the pointed end of the egg? It makes sense to see upsidedown pips early because it's both the internal and external pip in one go. So it will feel like it take twice as long for that chick to hatch when in reality it's taking the same amount of time as the chicks that are just internally pipped right now.
Okay awesome, that definitely made things better to know that. Thanks a bunch! You are helping my anxious heart through this first hatch! 🥰

Six hatched so far! One is getting ready to zip, one more is pipped, and 3 of them with nothing yet. Still about 14 hours away from official day 21, but I’m trying not to get my hopes up in case they don’t hatch.

Attachments

• C4CBC13E-0149-40A7-AC6C-1E3013E64E24.jpeg
    C4CBC13E-0149-40A7-AC6C-1E3013E64E24.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 7220F7FA-C76F-4489-990E-D972F8F568B7.jpeg
    7220F7FA-C76F-4489-990E-D972F8F568B7.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 2
  • C83009CE-3692-4B1D-A8D8-FC9E347229F4.jpeg
    C83009CE-3692-4B1D-A8D8-FC9E347229F4.jpeg
    305.5 KB · Views: 2
Not sure if anyone is actually following along, but all 11 that made it to lockdown hatched! The last one was an assist that was a *little* early, but I stopped the bleeding and seems to be doing okay so far. SEVEN males and four females (they are Bielefelder’s)!! 🤣🤣🤣

Whoo hoo!! Awesome update! Congrats on a great hatch! :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom