Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Really? I've never noticed this either. Maybe it's moreso with the newer models?
I have one that’s about 2 years old, and is definitely the new body style, but I’m not sure which exact version because I think there are a couple versions of each generation. It could also be that your home environment doesn’t get dry enough to cause this. In the milder months I don’t have this issue because it stays over 30 because I live just outside a swamp, but now, with the heat going, my house gets very dry.

I have one that’s about 2 years old, and is definitely the new body style, but I’m not sure which exact version because I think there are a couple versions of each generation. It could also be that your home environment doesn’t get dry enough to cause this. In the milder months I don’t have this issue because it stays over 30 because I live just outside a swamp, but now, with the heat going, my house gets very dry.

Mine have always been close to the hygrometers that I put inside. :confused:

Humidity in Nurture Right 360.jpg

Mine have always been close to the hygrometers that I put inside. :confused:

View attachment 2933814
The difference between ver. 1 and ver. 1.0NU is that NU has the dome top, replaces the fan cover that was injuring chicks, & resolves whatever was causing condensation (I wonder if the solution was to note in instructions that you can't close the vent all the way?🤔)
I'm kind of confused though, bc if you have Ver.2&3, aren't they newer versions?

The difference between ver. 1 and ver. 1.0NU is that NU has the dome top, replaces the fan cover that was injuring chicks, & resolves whatever was causing condensation (I wonder if the solution was to note in instructions that you can't close the vent all the way?🤔)
I'm kind of confused though, bc if you have Ver.2&3, aren't they newer versions?

I actually had, versions 2, 3, & 4 (I broke one, oops! Lol). They were all the original body style. The dome top came in with 1.0NU. The only model with the really terrible faults was the very first model.

Though, I have to admit it sounds like there may be some new kinks to work out with the newest models. I've been considering getting a new one just to be able to better compare and offer support on the differences but I didn't hatch nearly as much this year. Maybe next year! :)

When I refer to "older" models (version 1-4) I mean they look like the first image. The second image is the "dome top" (1.0NU).

old vs new.jpg

Do any of you have problems with the very center piece rusting? I’ve only used this for three hatches and wouldn’t expect any rust at this point. Do you think this is something I should reach out to the manufacture about and/or do you have any suggestions to remove the rust?

Also I added some photos of my babies that hatched yesterday. One of the males literally fell asleep in the food tray. 😭😭

Attachments

• 8B2AAD58-46C9-4F27-BA55-DC3452C409AC.jpeg
    8B2AAD58-46C9-4F27-BA55-DC3452C409AC.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 5
  • C185FE34-153D-478F-AE6F-806F978E2C42.jpeg
    C185FE34-153D-478F-AE6F-806F978E2C42.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 938B4BDF-2C23-475C-B58A-9D0BDC1B6278.jpeg
    938B4BDF-2C23-475C-B58A-9D0BDC1B6278.jpeg
    423.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 03D99516-47A9-4794-9EA8-75C1A97108E2.jpeg
    03D99516-47A9-4794-9EA8-75C1A97108E2.jpeg
    365.1 KB · Views: 6
Do any of you have problems with the very center piece rusting? I’ve only used this for three hatches and wouldn’t expect any rust at this point. Do you think this is something I should reach out to the manufacture about and/or do you have any suggestions to remove the rust?

Also I added some photos of my babies that hatched yesterday. One of the males literally fell asleep in the food tray. 😭😭

So sweet! The peeps are precious! :love

I have noticed some rust spots on mine but it took quite a bit longer for it to happen in my incubators. It would have been nice if they used stainless steel!

I'm very careful to dry my incubators completely anytime they are not in use and I believe that's why it took so much longer for this to happen to me. I wash and dry them thoroughly after use and if I'm not going to be using them again shortly after cleaning I will also run the incubators dry until I see the humidity drop really low, signaling to me that they are dry. This will help to prevent it from happening so quickly in the future.

To clean it I would saturate a disposable cloth in white vinegar and stuff it in there, you want the rust wet with vinegar but that's not an area that you can just pour vinegar in. Allow it to sit for a few hours and try wiping it off after. Let us know how that works for you! It's how I clean my gardening tools when they get rusty too. lol

Back
Top Bottom