Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I can't imagine not being there. But I would need to delay it like 2 weeks and it will be much warmer by then. So it is either pray they come Thurs and set them then and hope most hatch day 20 and early day 21. Or wait and don't set them till Mon...
It’s a tough call. No perfect solution. Just think about which option will be easiest for you live with.

Ok. Well the seller of the last group of eggs (that did nothing) shipped the eggs today. I asked when they were laid and she said Mon and today. Right now it says they will arrive Friday, but that may change once full tracking is updated. Should I just wait and set them Mon? If they do come Fri there is a big chance I will miss all hatching.... If I set them Mon if she was honest they will be 6-7 days old.

Still no updates on the other sellers eggs... Ugh!!!

Ok. Well the seller of the last group of eggs (that did nothing) shipped the eggs today. I asked when they were laid and she said Mon and today. Right now it says they will arrive Friday, but that may change once full tracking is updated. Should I just wait and set them Mon? If they do come Fri there is a big chance I will miss all hatching.... If I set them Mon if she was honest they will be 6-7 days old.

I'm sorry, I know it's tough to decide.

I'm sorry, I know it's tough to decide.
It seems no matter what I have no luck with shipped eggs....

First set (BBS Cochins) 4/12 we're broken. 4/8 set developed. 1 of those quit, 1 internally pipped absorbed all yolk and veins but never made it out. 2 hatched and neither were Cochins....

2nd set not one started to develop

Now these 2 sets that I am having issues before they even come...

:barniewhat’s the deal with that second seller?

It sounds like you’re leaning toward Monday. Personally I think sooner is better for setting shipped eggs. However, not at the cost of missing a hatch. Most of your success has already been determined by what handling they receive during shipment. Another big factor is flock health and freshness of shipped eggs. Again out of your control. A couple extra rest days will be fine. I don’t see that make or breaking the hatch.

:barniewhat’s the deal with that second seller?

It sounds like you’re leaning toward Monday. Personally I think sooner is better for setting shipped eggs. However, not at the cost of missing a hatch. Most of your success has already been determined by what handling they receive during shipment. Another big factor is flock health and freshness of shipped eggs. Again out of your control. A couple extra rest days will be fine. I don’t see that make or breaking the hatch.
Thanks. I really don't want to miss the hatch but with the crap luck already I don't want to mess things up and have it be something I did on why they don't develop.

I have no idea on the other seller. Her reviews are great. Last week she said they stopped laying for a bit but started again. They had storms and some of her messages wouldn't send and mine was one.... Where it was later in the week she didn't want them sitting at the PO.. said would ship Mon.. well po was closed but no update today that they shipped.. ugh!!!

Have my incubator fired up to set 28 eggs tomorrow!!!! Fingers crossed these shipped eggs do much better than the last 2 batches.

I have 16 from the last seller I bought from that one developed. She offered 50% off. These are BBS Cochin

Then 12 from another seller. 3 are BBS Cochin, but they are from only blue and splash one of each roo and a few of each hen. So a bigger chance of splash. Then 9 project eggs which are Cochin/EE she has been working on. They have muffs, some beards but body and feet look like Cochins and they lay green eggs. She mixed it up since it should have been 7 Cochin eggs and 5 project.... Just hoping at least 1 Cochin hatches!!!

Have my incubator fired up to set 28 eggs tomorrow!!!! Fingers crossed these shipped eggs do much better than the last 2 batches.

I have 16 from the last seller I bought from that one developed. She offered 50% off. These are BBS Cochin

Then 12 from another seller. 3 are BBS Cochin, but they are from only blue and splash one of each roo and a few of each hen. So a bigger chance of splash. Then 9 project eggs which are Cochin/EE she has been working on. They have muffs, some beards but body and feet look like Cochins and they lay green eggs. She mixed it up since it should have been 7 Cochin eggs and 5 project.... Just hoping at least 1 Cochin hatches!!!
I would be upset if I expected purebred birds (I’m guessing you paid purebred price) and got someone’s project birds instead. Not cool but they do sound adorable. Maybe you’ll end up really liking them.

I hope this set is better than the last. You deserve a good hatch!:hugs:fl

I’m super excited for you @junior67 I have a good feeling about this group.

Back
Top Bottom