Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Early bird is happy to have company. Fifth egg remains in bator.

Next batch of eggs are dated, weighed, and waiting for their turn in the NR360. Govee and scale are purchased. Partner said, “This math does not add up. These birds are never gonna pay for themselves [that was my goal, by selling babies].” And started doing the math: incubator, metal trough for brooder, brooder plate, Govee, etc etc etc. Never do the math! Never! :eek:

Now that I’ve purchased an arsenal of tools, what can I do differently to get a better hatch rate than 4/22? Should I post that question within this thread or separately?

I'm sure everyone on this thread will do what they can, but you might get a better, more specific advice on a new thread with your exact topic-- something like "Hatching Guineas in a Nature Right 360" or "Best Practices for Hatching Guineas."

Early bird is happy to have company. Fifth egg remains in bator.

Next batch of eggs are dated, weighed, and waiting for their turn in the NR360. Govee and scale are purchased. Partner said, “This math does not add up. These birds are never gonna pay for themselves [that was my goal, by selling babies].” And started doing the math: incubator, metal trough for brooder, brooder plate, Govee, etc etc etc. Never do the math! Never! :eek:

Now that I’ve purchased an arsenal of tools, what can I do differently to get a better hatch rate than 4/22? Should I post that question within this thread or separately?

I wish I could be more helpful than what I already suggested. I'm much better at sharing my first hand experience and guineas just happen to be one of the few that I haven't hatched.

I've got a question y'all, 1 of my orps has gone broody, I've got eggs in the incubator on day 4, I'd like to give her a few of these eggs and try and graft the rest of the chicks to her after they hatch. Do y'all think the 4 day head start will mess her up?

I've got a question y'all, 1 of my orps has gone broody, I've got eggs in the incubator on day 4, I'd like to give her a few of these eggs and try and graft the rest of the chicks to her after they hatch. Do y'all think the 4 day head start will mess her up?
I doubt 4 days will have an effect on her. I tried putting eggs under a broody and they kept having issues. This last time I got it to work, gave her fake eggs the whole time, and gave her a few once they had the tiny first pip. She hatched all 4 eggs over the span of 3 days, and no issues at all! I like this because 1. No hen could steal her “eggs” when she got up to eat, 2. If she went to a different nest it didn’t mess anything up, and 3. I knew the eggs under her were all viable.

Good luck!

I doubt 4 days will have an effect on her. I tried putting eggs under a broody and they kept having issues. This last time I got it to work, gave her fake eggs the whole time, and gave her a few once they had the tiny first pip. She hatched all 4 eggs over the span of 3 days, and no issues at all! I like this because 1. No hen could steal her “eggs” when she got up to eat, 2. If she went to a different nest it didn’t mess anything up, and 3. I knew the eggs under her were all viable.

Good luck!
Now that's not a half bad idea! Thank you woman!

That will be perfectly fine. She won't even notice a 4 day difference.

Does anyone have a riser on their NR 360? I want to get one but they're sooo expensive. Or any links to a 3d printer design?
I was looking for a divider when I found these....
https://m.facebook.com/CourdtCreations
Screenshot_20240120-185840.png

Has anyone made an emergency diy divider? Im planning to order one or make one out of them stitch card things but I need something quick like...today.

Need to separate 3 eggs from the rest (16) by hatch day 2maro.
Should of thought of this 1-18 days ago but here we are. Gotta try to get it done first try being in lock down, I might wait to put it in until I need to pull first chicks out.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions very welcome... my first hatch so been winging it play by play.

Back
Top Bottom