Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Has anyone made an emergency diy divider? Im planning to order one or make one out of them stitch card things but I need something quick like...today.

Need to separate 3 eggs from the rest (16) by hatch day 2maro.
Should of thought of this 1-18 days ago but here we are. Gotta try to get it done first try being in lock down, I might wait to put it in until I need to pull first chicks out.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions very welcome... my first hatch so been winging it play by play.
If someone has a incubator that's not in use and readily available to get a quick measurement that would be extremely helpful here. But I'll try searching for a possible prototype that I could copy and cut out of cardboard and just punch air holes for a quick diy.

Has anyone made an emergency diy divider? Im planning to order one or make one out of them stitch card things but I need something quick like...today.

Need to separate 3 eggs from the rest (16) by hatch day 2maro.
Should of thought of this 1-18 days ago but here we are. Gotta try to get it done first try being in lock down, I might wait to put it in until I need to pull first chicks out.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions very welcome... my first hatch so been winging it play by play.
It might be easier to make a box out of the stitch plastic, formed together with yarn, that is just big enough for the 3 eggs. If there is a top, you will guarantee they don’t hop over. Some people have also used those lingerie bags w the holes and close them up tight.

It might be easier to make a box out of the stitch plastic, formed together with yarn, that is just big enough for the 3 eggs. If there is a top, you will guarantee they don’t hop over. Some people have also used those lingerie bags w the holes and close them up tight.
Yes, thanks. As far as the box with top I wouldn't need to get so close to the top.

Are these pretty much ready to go out of the box?

Mine is arriving tomorrow, and we are eager to get started. I am setting it up in a warm, spare bedroom with no direct light or drafts. I was planning to play with it, figure out how it all works, then run it for a day to confirm it holds temp and humidity. I have a calibrated humidity/temp sensor to make sure the temp and humidity are accurate.

Should I be good to go after that?

Mine is arriving tomorrow, and we are eager to get started. I am setting it up in a warm, spare bedroom with no direct light or drafts. I was planning to play with it, figure out how it all works, then run it for a day to confirm it holds temp and humidity. I have a calibrated humidity/temp sensor to make sure the temp and humidity are accurate.

the set up time is minimal.

Most of the time, pull it out, give it a quick sanitize, read the directions, turn it on with your sensor in there. It heats up pretty quick. Just keep in mind the humidity takes a bit longer to stabilize at first and there will be warmer and cooler pockets in the incubator (this is completely normal). Once you ensure it's accurate, remember to reset it to 0 (if you have run it for more than a day) days so you have an accurate count until hatch. I find it to be quite the easy breezy incubator and have hatched a ton of chicks in it. Happy hatching!

Sanitize, read instructions, test temps and humidity, stabilize unit, reset days to zero, load eggs. Pretty plug and play. Use distilled water to avoid deposits, but it works with either. You can adhere 3M plastic wall hooks upside down on the sides of the lid to give a handle for lifting the lid if needed. I drew a line with a sharpie and an F for front on the front of the unit - when the line lines up, the lid's in the right alignment. Don't lose the red side B plug, or the instruction paper. Keep the box to store it in. Have fun!!!

It really is a pretty slick system! My calibrated thermometers have the unit as just slightly cooler than it thinks it is, so I bumped it to 100 and my thermometers say it’s 99.4. So, close enough I think…?

I’m a huge nerd, so I’m going to move one of my security cameras from the pond (it’s really a wildlife camera) to the room so I can check in on it 24/7.

Thanks for all the comments, wisdom, and well wishes. It’s our first time doing anything chicken related and I’m not sure I’d have made it this far without such a supportive community!

Attachments

• IMG_2713.jpeg
    IMG_2713.jpeg
    378.9 KB · Views: 0
It really is a pretty slick system! My calibrated thermometers have the unit as just slightly cooler than it thinks it is, so I bumped it to 100 and my thermometers say it’s 99.4. So, close enough I think…?

I’m a huge nerd, so I’m going to move one of my security cameras from the pond (it’s really a wildlife camera) to the room so I can check in on it 24/7.

Thanks for all the comments, wisdom, and well wishes. It’s our first time doing anything chicken related and I’m not sure I’d have made it this far without such a supportive community!
Maybe I didn't catch it, but what are you hatching?

Back
Top Bottom