HELP!! I CUT MY CHICKS BUTT

KimberlyK0509

Songster
11 Years
Oct 11, 2012
I WAS TRYING TO CUT SOME CRUSTY POO OFF MY CHICKS BUTT AND ACCIDENTALLY CUT HER. SHE BLED A LITTLE BIT. WHICH HAS NOW STOPPED. I PUT NEOSPORIN ON IT. ANY OTHER ADVICE? I DID SEPERATE IT FROM THE REST. IS SHE GONNA MAKE IT. WILL POST PIC

I sorry. New moms do sometimes make mistakes so Don't be too hard on yourself. Just keep it clean and keep using the Neosporin to keep it protected. Dried on poop can be softened and removed by holding the chicks butt in warm 95-100 deg. water for several minutes and gently removing it little by little. Adding one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (raw un-pasturized is better) to their water can help chicks from getting pasty butt. Hope your chick recovers quickly.

Thank you so much for the encouraging words. Yes i am a new mom and i bawled for 20 mins. I feel so bad. Wish i could give her aspirin for the pain. The bleeding has stopped. She went poo. And seems to be ok. I will keep an eye on her. Thanks!

Glad the bleeding has stopped.

This may help:
  • Never give a chicken any kind of painkiller with 'caine' in the name. These are EXTREMELY toxic to chickens.
It has some really useful info and worth reading.

Back
Top Bottom