Silkie chick with pasty butt and twitching

MamaFefe

Hatching
May 5, 2024
I have three silkie chicks I’ve had them for about three days. Last night I noticed our chick, named Wednesday, was twitching her head more than the others do. This morning she had extreme pasty butt. I cleaned her and she had extreme pasty butt again about an hour later. Like rock hard and large, about the size of the end of pinky finger. This is only my second round of chicks, my first round only had one chick with pasty butt and it was easy to manage and he didn’t twitch- he was an Orpington. Thoughts on twitching with Wednesday? And any advice on extreme case of pasty butt? Wednesday is my daughter’s favorite, I would hate for her to pass. Also idk if she’s a her- I’m just assuming.

I like poultry Cell. You can get at tractor supply or even Amazon. For the pasty butt I highly recommend a probiotic called Probios. You can also get at tractor supply or Amazon as well. I automatically use probios on ALL my chick's and have for years. You will see a huge difference in the chicks stool in a few days. I have a Americauna that has a vitamin deficiency right now I'm treating. I mix her food into a mash and add poultry cell. Then the next day I mix vitamin B2 drops into her food. The B2 helps the muscles. Mine was so bad she was doing the splits vertical. She has now brought her legs together and can stand but still has curled feet. The vitamin defiency can bring on very severe symptoms. Be patient when treating. It's a slow process. And yes Silkies are prone to having the deficiency. I suggest adding a good multi vitamin like poultry cell to all your silkies water. Once every 4 months or so. Another name for the deficiency is wry neck. It can effect the head and neck in silkies as well. Hope this helped a bit. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom