Help, My pekin duckling is so fat he can't swim!(pics)

Duckchick2011

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Louisiana
LOL, I had to post this.

My big ol' fat duckling is so fat his butt sinks in the water! The other smaller ducklings just float about paddling as they please, he stands on the bottom his big old fat head and chest sticking out.(I love this duckling, calling him fat is term of endearment
wink.png
)

I don't over feed him, he just seems to be a naturally hefty duck. He certainly tries to swim, but his butt and tail are always under the water. Its funny and kinda troubling at the same time.

Will he out grow this really awkward stage? I mean, the poor thing makes a slapping sound when he walks
roll.png

When he gets his full adult suit of feathers will his bouyancey pick up? Or am I doing something really wrong here and this seemingly funny spectacle is actually a bad sign?

( I mean it really is funny, he really is a fat duckling and he has always been a little awkward, especially now that his white plumage is starting to shine through, he is now dubbed patchy until further notice
lol.png
)

(His real name is Duncan
lau.gif
)

(I will post a pic one of these days, I really love this duck )

Last edited:
Don't worry, I should have a pic up by tomorrow morning...I might even post a video on youtube.
wink.png

He just seems so put out by the fact that the other ducklings float and he doesn't.
lau.gif

He will try to paddle about for a while but eventually he just gives up and stands up (in water much too deep for the other ducklings to stand in I might add) Not that a photo will ever do his facial expression justice, LOL

Here are the pics of my big luvable duckling,
wink.png

Believe it or not he seems to be finally getting the hang of it, swimming much better with the addition of some new white fluffy feathers, but he's still much clumsier in the water than my mallards,
tongue.png

87211_dscn3462.jpg

87211_dscn3483.jpg

87211_dscn3486.jpg

87211_dscn3502.jpg

Don't worry--once he has his adult feathers & his oil gland is working, he'll float great.
tongue.png
He's just a chunky guy, and needs a little help at this stage. He'll get there though.

And he's adorable!

Awww! he is way to cute! I love chubby animals because they are so fun to watch
pop.gif
He will get the hang of it when his big boy feathers and oil come in. But for right now enjoy the cunkers because they grow up far to fast.

Back
Top Bottom