Help with llamas- ADVICE PLEASE!

on a scale of 1-10 how easy do you think it is to care for llamas?

• 1-IT'S SO HARD!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10-SO EASY!

• Total voters

littlepip

Songster
Sep 1, 2018
Minnesota
Hi, We run a horse boarding service, and we just got a question about boarding llamas. We want to be able to board their 2 llamas, but we don't know much about it. All you llama lovers, please help!
Please help, whether you can answer 1 or all of the questions.
1: How much does it cost overall fo supplies?
2: what vaccinations do they need, and how much do they cost?
3: what is their behavior
4: how well do they get along with horses
5: what would you charge to board llamas
6: what kind of hay do they eat? (alfalfa mix, etc)
6: any other important info I should know?
Thanks for any advice!

I don't know anything about llamas, but my neighbor had one in with her donkey for around two years. She rehomed her because she was mean to the donkey, and the neighbor said she was too expensive to care for. I'm not sure that helps you at all, but hopefully someone who actually keeps llamas will pop on here and offer more sound advice. :confused:

Actually a woman in the next suburb (I used to walk past there daily) raised Llamas. Sometimes I would see her working one up and down the busy street, I assume as show training. She eventually sold out . They have been gone for many years and the land still has not been utilized. There were signs that deluxe homes would be built there but zilch.

If the weather condition are just right - you can smell Llama pee pee just like they never left. I'm guessing that's why no takers.

I did watch a show on Animal Planet about Alpaca's a similar but,smaller counterpart with a better disposition ( I think no spitters). The owners Alpaca got into the house through an open door and checked the rooms out of curiosity but, didn't touch or dirty anything. So she was welcome to come for more visits. I learned a baby Alpaca is called a Cria.

Back
Top Bottom