Hi. Have a small mixed flock . Here to learn . Have some questions already about a hen that I suspect has egg drop syndrome.

Lil Brown Nugget

Chirping
May 12, 2023
I have a total of 6 hens , 2 Rocks,2 Easter Eggers, and 2 ? Was told Silver laces when purchased at TS.but they lay white eggs and are small. All a little over a yr old.One of my Easter hens has never really been a good layer, she started laying later then others,her eggs have always been misshapen, never consistent. She started losing feathers around eyes, wing feathers look ruffled. Noticed open mouth breathing so I quarantine her. She layer a egg yesterday that was soft shelled with a tail. I read possibly EDS. No cure, what should I do with my hen?

I have a total of 6 hens , 2 Rocks,2 Easter Eggers, and 2 ? Was told Silver laces when purchased at TS.but they lay white eggs and are small. All a little over a yr old.One of my Easter hens has never really been a good layer, she started laying later then others,her eggs have always been misshapen, never consistent. She started losing feathers around eyes, wing feathers look ruffled. Noticed open mouth breathing so I quarantine her. She layer a egg yesterday that was soft shelled with a tail. I read possibly EDS. No cure, what should I do with my hen?
Welcome to BYC! I’m sorry about your bird. :(

Back
Top Bottom