How the Heck do You Get this Thing OPEN?!?

Pics

chfriedmam

Songster
8 Years
Dec 20, 2015
North Hollywood, CA
Really dumb question, but any tips or tricks on getting this type of waterer open? I love the way I can fill it and then remove the little cap, but I have to tighten it SO TIGHT if I don't want it to overflow, that when it comes time to change the water it makes my hands ache fr the whole day afterwards!
Screen Shot 2023-01-13 at 8.26.24 AM.png

Really dumb question, but any tips or tricks on getting this type of waterer open? I love the way I can fill it and then remove the little cap, but I have to tighten it SO TIGHT if I don't want it to overflow, that when it comes time to change the water it makes my hands ache fr the whole day afterwards!
View attachment 3374299
I don't remove the little cap. I open it enough for the water to flow.

View attachment 3374299
Try a little vegetable oil on the O-ring.

Ugh, That's the kind of waterer my parents had for their chickens when I was growing up. A huge real pain in the behind to open. I never had a good method except a lot of elbow grease.

Back
Top Bottom