How to attach Hardware cloth?

i think your right..i better add some air staples along the edges and not just the corners...maybe every 12 inches?
Screwed on trim covering the edges is the best, screws and washers every 6-8 inches is the next best.
The edges are what's vulnerable, if they can get tooth or nail under the edge, HC can tear.

Staple guns wont hold cloth for long..im using 19 gauage galvanized narrow crown staples 1 inch.. shot in w air compressor..easy install and wont come loose. I bought a Bostitch on amazon. Refurb for $50 like new. Ive built whole coop w it..sweet tool..
an animal is not going to be able to pull a staple shot from this gun..heck. i cant pull one out easily..

Last edited:
I'm shooting 1-1/2 staples with my gun...I used a hand stapler & 1/2" staples every 4-6 inches to position the cloth & wire. Then 1-1/2s at all the ends and corners.

I'll go back and do all the edges with 1.5 air staples. and then cover with trim.

We have one of those air staplers that shoot the 1 1/2 inch galvanized staples. Talk about a time saver. And I have no fear that the fencing will come loose.

Back
Top Bottom