How to keep my incubator at the right temperature?

Ryleigh130

In the Brooder
May 14, 2023
Hello! I am new to this site but I have seen many people’s questions get answered so I figured I’d give it a shot. This is my second time hatching eggs in this incubator (Little Giants Incubator) and the temperature DOES NOT stay at the correct temperature. If the set temperature is at 99.5 the actual temp is 96 and if I set it higher the temperature fluctuates between being incredibly high and incredibly cold. I’ve tried moving to different areas where there is no direct sunlight or draft but it hasn’t worked. The only thing that has seemed to work so far is putting a blanket over it to keep the warm air in but, my family is worried this will cause a house fire. Any ideas on how I can fix this issue? My eggs are coming in two days and getting a new incubator is not possible for this hatch.

I've never had luck with a LG maintaining a steady temperature. Only know of one person that has....
@Kiki
Can you help here?

How many calibrated thermometers do you have in your Bator?

I would not put a blanket over my incubator.
Are you able to control your house temperature with an air conditioner? Keeping your house at a steady temp will help.

How many calibrated thermometers do you have in your Bator?

I would not put a blanket over my incubator.
Are you able to control your house temperature with an air conditioner? Keeping your house at a steady temp will help.
I currently have 3 thermometers in the bator all saying the same thing. My house right now is around 70 degrees F, and we’ve been keeping the window in the room shut to prevent wind and outside interference.

Back
Top Bottom