Indiana BYCers chickenfest 2015

I will be more than happy to donate eggs and chicks for auction to help support Chickenfest as well! Should be able to offer black and blue split for lavender silkie/showgirls, white silkies, bantam cochins in partridge, buff/buff barred, and lavender barred/barred split for lavender, blrw, and partridge brahmas. I'm not sure the best method to set up an auction for this. Let me know if there is interest.
How is this for an idea:

We get a list of everyone who is willing to offer eggs or even maybe chicks for auction and what breeds they want to list.

We put together a list by breed and location in the state and whether they are pickup or ship.

We start an auction thread - This part could use some suggestions.....not sure if we would need to put it on the buy sell area. The winner of the auction can pick what eggs they want. Then it is up to them to make arrangement with the seller. Since I'm the treasurer, they could send money to me and I'll let the provider know when they can give/send the eggs. We could probably do a couple of rounds of this.

Quote:
maybe it could end every 2 weeks. I'm almost certain the auction thread would need to be posted in the buy sell area with the word Auction in the title. But each new start of the auction might be a new thread.
More details here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/buy-sell-trade-bst-faqs

As long as I have 5 days notice to collect the eggs I am willing to donate a dozen sumatra eggs 3 times. Location is Bargersville and would be pick up only at a local public place.

maybe it could end every 2 weeks.   I'm almost certain the auction thread would need to be posted in the buy sell area with the word Auction in the title.  But each new start of the auction might be a new thread. 

More details here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/buy-sell-trade-bst-faqs

As long as I have 5 days notice to collect the eggs I am willing to donate a dozen sumatra eggs 3 times.  Location is Bargersville and would be pick up only at a local public place.

I'm just wondering if the auctions were on BYC in the buy sell trade section (which I agree it would have to be) we would get out of staters bidding. Not that I don't mind sharing, but Id prefer only members from our thread bidding. Whatever we decide Id be happy to put some up for auction. I'm not getting much in eggs right now, but Im hoping soon they will be back up to speed.

For chicks I was thinking of just offering for pickup at chickenfest, but I guess I could also allow local pickup before or after chickenfest as well.

Quote: My offer is directed to the chickenfest, but am game to other ideas too
big_smile.png

Okay, now that I finally found you all! Thought I had subscribed months ago but didn't! And so often I am on my phone reading and have trouble navigating and responding on it.

Something to consider. June is the start of fair season. I know fairs kept people from coming last year. If Chickenfest was late May - Early June it would be before fair season starts. I know we have fairground cleanup/ painting/ prep etc. for 4-H beginning June 13th, possibly earlier. And anyone with kids in 4-H are frantically trying to get exhibits ready by early June aroudn here (Marion County). Once you hit mid June fair season is in full swing. These are the dates fairs in the central Indiana area:
The Marion County fair is June 19-28.
Hancock County June 19-26
Hendricks & Johnson County July 19-25th
Hamilton July 16-21
Morgan July 31- Aug. 8
Boone July 23-26
Shelby July 7-11
Madison July 19-15

Oh hey - I just discovered there is a PDF with all the fair dates - http://www.four-h.purdue.edu/downloads/new/2015_County Fair Dates.pdf

I am not sure we can swing going that far away (oh but I want to see those Alpacas! My best friend sold her herd so I am goign thru Alpaca withdrawal!), so I don't want to officially give any date to sway things, but wanted you all to be informed and able to consider fair season if you so wish.

We still will buy shirts or hoodies, and possibly participate in auctions to help support the endeavors (provided they are not too far away to go pick up). I'm in the market for eggs/chicks! And who knows maybe things will work out to be able to come. We have had a lot of long day trips for Robotics this year and it is hard at the end of a long (even if it is fun) day to drive 3 hours to get home - dh and I are kinda needing a break from that over the summer since we have health issues that make it a challenge.

In case anyone else is wondering - is Black the only option for a hoodie? So want a hoodie not not that excited about black! Earlier this year, I asked for opinions for the fund raising items. That was when people were sending me messages and posts saying what they wanted. From all of these posts and messages requesting long sleeve shirts or hoodies or both, black was requested the most for the hoodie color. Dark green was requested the most with the long sleeve shirt.
If the popular opinion has changed, now would be the time for people to POST here what colors they want or MESSAGE me the color they want.

Editing to add the color must be the same for one item. This means we can not put in an order for some red and some blue t-shirts. They must be offered in only one color.

Last edited:
Earlier this year, I asked for opinions for the fund raising items. That was when people were sending me messages and posts saying what they wanted. From all of these posts and messages requesting long sleeve shirts or hoodies or both, black was requested the most for the hoodie color. Dark green was requested the most with the long sleeve shirt.
If the popular opinion has changed, now would be the time for people to POST here what colors they want or MESSAGE me the color they want.

Editing to add the color must be the same for one item. This means we can not put in an order for some red and some blue t-shirts. They must be offered in only one color.

It may be that others missed it too. The holidays make for busy times. If you can gather up thread members to agree and post a different color option, I'm fine with changing it when the time comes. Agreement is key though.

Back
Top Bottom