International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

now we have a problem you start showing off your stock. hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely perfect . the art of selective breeding is well shown here with your BCM chooks.

Balance and uniformity .they have every thing the person will want in they BCM. I will to have them ( soon I m getting some pure one s ).

last photos 2 cockerels and a pullet. great mass ,well balanced and colored bodies .good type. well bred .a pullet has a great hackle.and nice tail ( the eyes I m not sure need a close shot )

they are not shy they know how to pose . guess they are French .

nice rear free from any defect .

nice tail Angle .shape and form .

long and wide back .

wide shoulders .

great type.

pretty face .

nice colored ears tufts and lobes .

Cock 1 first photo front . darker one . has a better copper over all gorgeous hackle

cock2 photos 1 by him self ; one of the greatest type cockerel I ve seen in a long time ( could be bred just for that) one problem his hackle is lighter straw colored with a heavy flame ) that is nothing compare to what qualities he have. TRUCK LOAD ( Not a show bird but a great breeder for sure ) .

I ll take a breeder better than a show bird any time any where. Personal opinion .

Chooks man

PS ; I haven t finished with him yet .I just started . a lot thing to say about that cockerel .

RedBank what it is a difference between group 1 and group 2 ?

through the photos I see that a lighter cockerel has a wider back but narrow bumb ( rear) his tail is not as wide as a dark Cockerel . is that just a photos or the way they stand?. you are the only one ho can tell .

I m very interested to know more about this cockerels . you have a great BCM strain there.

Chooks man

Quote:
Thanks...... you know I picked these boys by keeping in mind the things you have been telling me. I was not looking at the Marans in the right way. I have learned a lot especially about body type.

Quote:
The only difference is age. Both groups come from the same breeder, same birds. She has LP and Greenfire 2015. She is going to separate the LP now and breed straight LP soon. I am going to get some of the straight LP. My birds now are either Greenfire/Greenfire or LP/LP or Greenfire/LP. Isn't that what we are supposed to be doing? Showing off! LOL The chunky cockerel is very very chunky.

Last edited:
I just keep looking at That cockerel on the third photos .lighter one.

in the photos 3; we see exactly the type of the marans chooks desired about the standard. exact the same type and stand exhibited on the French Maran Club _ TYPE_ the drawing .

jus twaiting for your answer about his rear that all .

I have 5 wheaten roosters half brothers ,they show a great type when seen from the side and front ( wide chest ) BUT narrower from the back.

chooks man

I just keep looking at That cockerel on the third photos .lighter one.

in the photos 3; we see exactly the type of the marans chooks desired about the standard. exact the same type and stand exhibited on the French Maran Club _ TYPE_ the drawing .

jus twaiting for your answer about his rear that all .

I have 5 wheaten roosters half brothers ,they show a great type when seen from the side and front ( wide chest ) BUT narrower from the back.

chooks man
The heavier cockerel is not that much wider than the other one. I chose these two because they have long backs and only narrow a little toward the rear. All of these birds have a lot of body. Do you remember the very young cockerel I sent in the beginning (here he is) he was so beautiful. I have never seen a cockerel so broad and he kept it all the way to his tail but when he finally got a tail it was wry. He was a beautiful bird. I struggled with it but I rehomed him. I will get some pics from above for you, I think that is where they are most impressive.

Last edited:
I know the origin of the LP but not the other one.

LP is from my friend Monique ( the largest and the best breeders of a pure marans chooks in the world most of the varieties ) a lot of her eggs go to the UK and every where she can send eggs.

ONE OF THE GREATEST WOMAN BREEDER I KNOW IN THE WORLD . she s always fighting for the purity of the marans and keeping the same standard so we can exchange eggs in the future.

IS NOT GOING TO STAY LIKE THIS FOR EVER> WILL COME A DAY WHERE WE CAN SEND EACH OTHER EGGS>

chooks man

LP is from my friend Monique ( the largest and the best breeders of a pure marans chooks in the world most of the varieties ) a lot of her eggs go to the UK and every where she can send eggs.

ONE OF THE GREATEST WOMAN BREEDER I KNOW IN THE WORLD . she s always fighting for the purity of the marans and keeping the same standard so we can exchange eggs in the future.

IS NOT GOING TO STAY LIKE THIS FOR EVER> WILL COME A DAY WHERE WE CAN SEND EACH OTHER EGGS>

chooks man
Won't that be great!!!!

chooks man
Check out Greenfire.

https://greenfirefarms.com/birchen_marans.html

Back
Top Bottom