International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I don’t know about in America but in the UK you can buy chicken sausages and chicken mince in some super markets. People often use them as healthier alternatives to redder meats. I’m not a huge fan of them though, I’d rather each chicken as it comes from the bird without processing. Maybe some better seasoning than the supermarkets use might make them good.
Yes you can buy chicken sausage and and cold cuts, also turkey bacon at most groceries here. To me the store bought stuff is bland. The home made sausage was well seasoned and a little spicy. Totally different than the store stuff.

Like many things, homade taste best!

Candle Day 7 is tomorrow. Any insight as to what I'm looking for as far as weight loss? I weighed every egg and marked them each.
If I need to adjust the humidity how much should I go either way? Or do I just adjust a tad then candle again at day 10?

Any advise is very much appreciated.
Can’t help you there, my silkies do a better job than me so I usually leave them to it.
I’d be interested to here what other people say though because the info will be useful to me too.

Swapped number 012 for a silkie cock today. It’s a shame to see him go but his copper just couldn’t redeem his ugly face and high tail. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with his face, it seems to be getting better now but it’s pale and wrinkled at 7 months old.
83B99A8E-D01D-4D85-9833-1D0B020C61BE.jpeg
696EA492-CEE3-45AB-9573-60EDB227194D.jpeg
1770B5BA-7F5D-408B-995D-89988BDC1EE5.jpeg
I must say I got the better end of the deal, this little guy is stunning, going to be a big help in improving my silkie stock.

F3D8B319-02B8-4D64-98DE-C47259DE8112.jpeg
First good photo of mother and daughter, Chanel and Esme. Esme got some traits from Loki’s comb but other than that she is he mother’s double.
EB80B7FC-FF9C-4D2C-9678-F6785133C243.jpeg
a strange egg from Natasha today: much lighter than usual but look at those speckles!

Swapped number 012 for a silkie cock today. It’s a shame to see him go but his copper just couldn’t redeem his ugly face and high tail. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with his face, it seems to be getting better now but it’s pale and wrinkled at 7 months old.View attachment 3774410View attachment 3774411View attachment 3774414I must say I got the better end of the deal, this little guy is stunning, going to be a big help in improving my silkie stock.

View attachment 3774413First good photo of mother and daughter, Chanel and Esme. Esme got some traits from Loki’s comb but other than that she is he mother’s double.View attachment 3774412a strange egg from Natasha today: much lighter than usual but look at those speckles!
His face looks really pale. When was the last time you wormed them? His comb is red though.

His face looks really pale. When was the last time you wormed them? His comb is red though.
That’s what’s confusing, his comb and wattles are as red as I’d expect but his face is paler and wrinkled. He haven’t been wormed since he was younger a chick, about 2 months. No sign of worms in his droppings - no other pen-mates, including his brother I sold a couple of weeks ago, have the same issue. I washed his face today to see if it comes off in any way but no luck.

Swapped number 012 for a silkie cock today. It’s a shame to see him go but his copper just couldn’t redeem his ugly face and high tail. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with his face, it seems to be getting better now but it’s pale and wrinkled at 7 months old.View attachment 3774410View attachment 3774411View attachment 3774414I must say I got the better end of the deal, this little guy is stunning, going to be a big help in improving my silkie stock.

View attachment 3774413First good photo of mother and daughter, Chanel and Esme. Esme got some traits from Loki’s comb but other than that she is he mother’s double.View attachment 3774412a strange egg from Natasha today: much lighter than usual but look at those speckles!
Great pics... ♥️ Yes it's a shame about his face. Hopefully others can at least give you an idea what's causing it. My first thought was worming like @marchick mentioned so...
Good on you for the silkie tho. Happy you got the better end.

And Chanel and Esme... Oh my. Love that egg. Big speckles.

Is the egg washed/wet? It's gorgeous 🙂

Great pics... ♥️ Yes it's a shame about his face. Hopefully others can at least give you an idea what's causing it. My first thought was worming like @marchick mentioned so...
Good on you for the silkie tho. Happy you got the better end.

And Chanel and Esme... Oh my. Love that egg. Big speckles.

Is the egg washed/wet? It's gorgeous 🙂
Yes it was wet, but it was still nice and shiny when dry, just not as shiny as in the photo. I’m in need of name suggestions for the silkie boy, I’ll get better photos later. (Yes he’s not a marans but I want to show him off.)

Back
Top Bottom