Jan. 2022 Hatch-a-long

So I loaded the autoturner (so nice to just be able to start it right away, no letting eggs settle or worrying about rolling air cells) and then realized that I had actually put an egg into the space right by the motor where a plastic piece would normally prevent an egg from being set, presumably because the egg could hit the motor housing as it's being rocked from side to side. I briefly considered taking the egg out, but I've been watching it and I don't see it actually contacting the motor housing. Hoping I can get one extra OE chick out of this batch! :fl

But I live in cold, dreary, snowy Michigan. :gig And you live in nice, sunny Arizona.

I can only dream about chicks this time of year. In March/April, I'll probably get chick fever, bad.

Last spring, a (non-chicken) friend told me I was as bad as a 28 year old woman with baby fever.
It hasn't been so nice and sunny lately with the storm's that have been rolling in from the west.

I didn't see a hatch along set up for 2022. I am going to set some eggs tomorrow? I am waiting to free up an incubator from a hatch.
Below I have eggs I want to set in a couple of days...
View attachment 2934953
The far left upper is some eggs from my hens the green is the grandegg from my avatar. I think the 4 gray eggs far left are Ac/california white, blue bell egger for the blue, 2 tan NN and the four to the right are from another local farm I bought from the grocery store, I have hatched before. I am setting these because I don't have my rooster any longer, but they are in a fertility window. Rooster was EE.
Wow @gimmie birdies you hatch every month of the year :eek: What do you do with so many chicks?

Back
Top Bottom