Jan. 2022 Hatch-a-long

I have a heated room near my garage. I have not really done anything with them. I don't hatch every month, so far just every 10 days. But I am trying to hatch diff hens eggs so I have diff chicks. I have stopped setting eggs though, because I don't have a rooster any longer. There about 2 hens of mine, that didn't make my hatching window.

Here's a pic of the lockdown New year's eggs. 14+3 that are due after New Years.
3.PNG

Mine should be hatching around 1/15. :highfive:

Are you doing anything special for your shipped eggs?
I'm just going to follow the hatching instruction's that the breeder was kind enough to give to me. I let them rest pointy side down for 24 hour's before putting them in the incubator. He said that on day 19 with shipped egg's to put them in egg cartons pointy side down again to let them hatch and that if the aircell's are irregular shaped due to the shipping, that it will allow the chick's to have the aircell perfectly up for the hatching to assure a better hatch rate. In preparation for this, I have removed the lid's off of a couple of egg carton's, and cut down that higher pointy divider thing's in the bottom's where the egg's will be at.

Back
Top Bottom