Pics
I’m kind of bummed right now. The shipped eggs either weren’t labeled “hold for pickup” or USPS missed it. They’ve updated as “out for delivery”. This mail route is rough. Lots of transitions from paved to gravel road, hwy speeds, and bumping around. Typical for semi rural areas.

I’m still cautiously optimistic for a good hatch but time will tell. If not it’s probably for the best. My current chicks are so precious. I love them all. A lower hatch rate would mean less culling in the near future.

I’m kind of bummed right now. The shipped eggs either weren’t labeled “hold for pickup” or USPS missed it. They’ve updated as “out for delivery”. This mail route is rough. Lots of transitions from paved to gravel road, hwy speeds, and bumping around. Typical for semi rural areas.

I’m still cautiously optimistic for a good hatch but time will tell. If not it’s probably for the best. My current chicks are so precious. I love them all. A lower hatch rate would mean less culling in the near future.
Oh no. Fingers crossed

I’m new here and wanted to jump in on the hatch along action - chiming in from the scorching Houston, TX area. Today is day 18 of my broody Buff Orpington sitting on two eggs from my frizzle EE hen x Black Jersey Giant roo. I set up an old puppy camera so I can keep an eye on things without disturbing her. This is my first hatch ever - fingers crossed it goes smoothly! Hopefully I can update with baby chick photos soon 😊

Attachments

• B5773130-0F79-45A3-9D5E-3573BDA4AA48.png
    B5773130-0F79-45A3-9D5E-3573BDA4AA48.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
My bad day turned good! The eggs were at the post office, not with the carrier, all day. I’m so relieved. Even without a call, and an update of “out for delivery”, I stopped in to inquire anyway. I’m counting that as their “rest” period. Upon candling these are the best shipped eggs I’ve ever received! Zero displaced air cells in 25 eggs. Excellent packing. It was a short trip but still wonderful news.
287C73B1-BFFB-457F-950E-05E2773E4AAA.jpeg D627AB3D-7E7B-4E01-B640-90CBA042192F.jpeg

My bad day turned good! The eggs were at the post office, not with the carrier, all day. I’m so relieved. Even without a call, and an update of “out for delivery”, I stopped in to inquire anyway. I’m counting that as their “rest” period. Upon candling these are the best shipped eggs I’ve ever received! Zero displaced air cells in 25 eggs. Excellent packing. It was a short trip but still wonderful news.
View attachment 3148628View attachment 3148631
Great packing!!!! Did the outside say fragile and anything about eggs?

Back
Top Bottom