Killing my chicken humanely with medication

Here's a thought...why not take this time to learn how to dispatch your chickens humanely and quickly with your hands? Yeah, I've listened to how everyone feels, how YOU can't stand to do it, etc., but it's not really about you all, is it? It's about a suffering animal in your care. If you continue to raise chickens this will arise again and will you be prepared then to give them quick mercy? Probably not, if you don't practice it now.

Why not look at this moment as a learning time and a commitment towards raising chickens responsibly by practicing how to give death quickly just by dislocating her neck? Once you've learned, you need never muddle over it again, but can just walk out to the coop and do what needs to be done, as it should be.

It's as simple as applying enough pressure/pull to the cervical spine area to dislocate it, thereby severing her spine at that location. Figuring out how to do that shouldn't be that hard. You can cradle her in your left arm and pull her neck with the right hand until you feel the pop and softening at the base of her skull...the neck should just flop at that point. If you didn't pull it successfully the first try, do it again.

Giving meds until she dies will only make her more miserable before she actually dies...makes one nauseous to overdose.

My 3 week old chicken is really sick and is not thriving. She is suffering and I can't stand to watch, I want to humanly put her to rest but all the posts say to either use carbon dioxide which causes suffering or chop its head off which I cannot do. Please help I do not want her to suffer any more and want it done quickly. I only have access to over the counter medication like panadol ibuprofen and Benadryl could someone give me ideas and dosages.
If anyone still reads this thread, get to know a home brewer..they usually have tanks of CO2, you can put them in a large pot, put a tube in the bottom, hold and comfort the bird and replace the air with CO2…I had to euthanize a chick, it only took a minute or so..didn’t stop me from bawling like a baby, but I couldn’t let her be trampled or eaten by the others..

6DE2C9E4-6E17-4911-943F-A84E142E1046.jpeg

My 3 week old chicken is really sick and is not thriving. She is suffering and I can't stand to watch, I want to humanly put her to rest but all the posts say to either use carbon dioxide which causes suffering or chop its head off which I cannot do. Please help I do not want her to suffer any more and want it done quickly. I only have access to over the counter medication like panadol ibuprofen and Benadryl could someone give me ideas and dosages.
I would call your Vet. They will help you .

Take the poor thing to the Vet. 🌺❤️🙏🏻

Back
Top Bottom