Lets talk about goats!

Pics
You said she pregnant.. do you have a buck? If so, maybe if you can't get her a buddy, let her have limited contact with him? As in, separated by a fence, but visible.
Sadly I don't own a buck. But I did get her a another buddy today and they are getting to know each other beautifully. But thank you so much for the advice.

My Mini Nubian doe had a beautiful doeling yesterday morning. She's gorgeous! Only problem is, momma has lice ALL OVER her udder, so now the doeling has them crawling everywhere in her fur. I know, I've seen them. It's gross. I've never had a problem with lice on goats. How do I get rid of them?
I wish I could help, but idk.

well i m getting back into milking goats i got me some from my neighbor who breeds every year so i was talking to her and said i would like to get back into milking got again so she said she has a baby for sell but isn't ready year so i said i ll get another baby when her other goat kids she said ok well today we got back talking and she said if you want i have the mom goat to the baby i bought for sell then we start talking business so i ended up getting the baby goat and her mom witch is both nubian and am still getting another baby girl goat from her other goat so i m planning on having 3 milk goats by this time nexted year well i does not stop there i past by my aunt house 2 days ago and saw that she had a little goat in a little dog cage with only a tarp for shelter i was so mad when i saw this so i called her to ask if i could have her she said yes so i took her not sure what breed she is i know she has pygmy in her for sure well any way got her home had my neighbor come over and look at her trim her hoofs and check her up and down and then she said i feel a kick in her belly and i said WHAT she said ya feel so i did and come to find out she is going to have baby's now i going to be owning 3 milk goats and 1 pygmy and how ever many baby she has i think i m going to be over doing it i have not got my milk goat and her baby yet have to wait until april the 1st until the buckling is winged off her i ll get some pics of the goat i got from my aunt so glad i got her out of that place

well i m getting back into milking goats i got me some from my neighbor who breeds every year so i was talking to her and said i would like to get back into milking got again so she said she has a baby for sell but isn't ready year so i said i ll get another baby when her other goat kids she said ok well today we got back talking and she said if you want i have the mom goat to the baby i bought for sell then we start talking business so i ended up getting the baby goat and her mom witch is both nubian and am still getting another baby girl goat from her other goat so i m planning on having 3 milk goats by this time nexted year well i does not stop there i past by my aunt house 2 days ago and saw that she had a little goat in a little dog cage with only a tarp for shelter i was so mad when i saw this so i called her to ask if i could have her she said yes so i took her not sure what breed she is i know she has pygmy in her for sure well any way got her home had my neighbor come over and look at her trim her hoofs and check her up and down and then she said i feel a kick in her belly and i said WHAT she said ya feel so i did and come to find out she is going to have baby's now i going to be owning 3 milk goats and 1 pygmy and how ever many baby she has i think i m going to be over doing it i have not got my milk goat and her baby yet have to wait until april the 1st until the buckling is winged off her i ll get some pics of the goat i got from my aunt so glad i got her out of that place

Good for you for rescuing that poor pygmy! And Congrats on your new additions!
thumbsup.gif

Isn't it amazing how quickly having a pair of goats turns into having several!? lol

My Mini Nubian doe had a beautiful doeling yesterday morning. She's gorgeous! Only problem is, momma has lice ALL OVER her udder, so now the doeling has them crawling everywhere in her fur. I know, I've seen them. It's gross. I've never had a problem with lice on goats. How do I get rid of them?

If you haven't already, you need to treat both Mom and kids, as soon as possible.

Ivermectin pour on is what you need for external parasites. The kid will be OK, so don't worry. Use 1cc of ivermectin pour on per 20lbs of goat. Dribble it onto the skin along the back. You have to make sure it goes directly onto the skin, not on the hair, so you will need to part the fur until the needle-less syringe can touch skin.

Calculating that does should be fairly easy. If the baby weighs 10lbs, use 0.5 cc of medication. If the baby weighs 5lbs, you should round up to 0.3 ccs of pour on. So obviously, to dose properly, you need to get a weight on both baby and Mom. For Mom, you can use a weight tape to figure out her weight. For kid, you can hop on a scale (first by yourself, to get your exact weight at that moment), then again with the kid, subtracting your original weight to get the kid weight.

Repeat the treatment in 14 days to kill the next round of lice that hatch.

You will need to clear out all old bedding, and dust the bare floor AND the new bedding with either diatomaceous earth or PYthon dust. If you use PYthon, be careful, it is a chemical insecticide. Diatomaceous earth works through killing mechanically, it is a dust, but is microscopically sharp. DE is not guaranteed to work as well as the chemical, but some consider it a lot safer.

ok so i got the new pygmy goat and i m getting a milk goats and before i add the milk goat in with her i want to get her tested for diseases what are the 3 that i sup post to get her tested for cause i for got them names of the and i i only want to get her tested for those 3 cause my vet isnt cheap at all h

ok so i got the new pygmy goat and i m getting a milk goats and before i add the milk goat in with her i want to get her tested for diseases what are the 3 that i sup post to get her tested for cause i for got them names of the and i i only want to get her tested for those 3 cause my vet isnt cheap at all h

Caprine Arthritis Encephalitis (CAE)

Caseous Lymphadenitis (CL)

Johne's Disease (click here to hear is pronounced)

You can actually have the vet just do the blood draw into three separate red top tubes, and send them off for disease testing yourself. It would likely be cheaper to have the vet do the draw, then send them all off the WADDL for testing.

Ok, so, I had a couple goats, then one died of old age about a month ago, well, the goat that's still alive is pregnant (I think), But after Her buddy died she started acting VERY weird. When i went to go into the pen the next day to see how she was ( I was expecting her to be sad since she just lost her buddy) She ran out of her house and started acting like a buck in CRAZY RUT, ( she has never done this and by nature is a very calm, laid back doe) She chased me wagging her tongue, snorting, pawing the air, hitting the back of my legs with her head, I was like "Woah!!! whats wrong with you????" Then she jumped up pinned me to the ground in all these crazy antics and started slamming her hooves into my chest ( I guess she was just pawing at me, but it hurt). Well I jumped up and and ran for the fence, thinking "what the heck is wrong with her??? is she rabid?" Then I got to the fence was starting to climb over when (your not going to believe this part) She caught up to me and somehow ( I don't know HOW) used her head/neck and leg/hove, curled them around my leg and jerked me off the fence!!! ( and she weighs about 130 lb so that was easy for her. Now probably know one believes me, but this all really did happened weird, but it happened. I was going to wait a couple months and let her give birth to her babies so that she wouldn't be so lonely without her buddy, ( since I kn

ow that you should always have at least 2 goat since they are herd animals) But should I get another goat to keep her company before then? I'm not sure I can survive much more of her craziness lol. I was offered by some good friends, some goats for free, ( after I told them the story I just told you) and have been wondering is I should take them up on their offer. Any ideas guys? I don't want to stress out my doe by her being all by herself. What do you think I should do???
hu.gif
P.S. here's a pic of my wacky goat.
is she in heat? also, goats are herd animals. get two more

Last edited:
Anyone that milks their goats I have a question... I know your supposed to milk every 12 hours but I am a waitress so I work 4 nights a week and I do.get home around 9. Would I be able to milk my goats a little bit late some times? Or do you have to stay exactly at 12 hours apart? (I havent even bred them yet so I have time to decide if its possible)

Back
Top Bottom