MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

On the bright side, the breeder where these birds originally came from said day-old chicks are worth $8-$10 each and started birds are worth $25-$50 each, depending on quality. My chicks are high quality, so I'm actually money ahead. Or I will be... later. In a few months...
idunno.gif

After you put more money in to them.....
big_smile.png

:hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      :hugs      

here's some more
is it the shipping or incubation?
Shipping. Couple of cracked eggs, and tons of loose air cells.

Ya mean people actually make money off there chickens?
A little... sometimes... if they'lucky. Maybe enough to buy a bag of feed...if you're lucky.

On the bright side, the breeder where these birds originally came from said day-old chicks are worth $8-$10 each and started birds are worth $25-$50 each, depending on quality. My chicks are high quality, so I'm actually money ahead. Or I will be... later. In a few months...
idunno.gif
Hopefully they'll start producing for you and quickly

Shipping. Couple of cracked eggs, and tons of loose air cells.
A little... sometimes... if they'lucky. Maybe enough to buy a bag of feed...if you're lucky.
i don't even sell eggs so my chickens are just burning up my money
kinda like my horse, and dog, and child hmmmmm

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss! I think you are doing the right thing though in trying to obtain an incubator to perpetuate these eggs. I've got a mixed breed hen that is wanting to sit on eggs and become a mommy, but I'm not going to like it, if I let her do that, and then she abandons them.

Lucky #13 making serious progress! Still just four others pipped of 15. Eggs are from different sources though, so hopefully just on a different schedule :) Russian Orloffs are wiggling a bit.

Lucky #13 is out! This morning I asked our daughter what color the first one to hatch would be, and she said black. She was right! She also says it's a girl and her name is Daffodil :)

Daffodil is displeased with being alone, so hopefully some of her brothers and sisters join her soon!

Still only four others pipped, but haven't checked in an hour so could be more now if the chirping encouraged them.

Thank you all for the encouraging words! I'm a nervous first time chicken mom.

Lucky #13 is out! This morning I asked our daughter what color the first one to hatch would be, and she said black. She was right! She also says it's a girl and her name is Daffodil
smile.png

Daffodil is displeased with being alone, so hopefully some of her brothers and sisters join her soon!

Still only four others pipped, but haven't checked in an hour so could be more now if the chirping encouraged them.

Thank you all for the encouraging words! I'm a nervous first time chicken mom.
Welcome Daffodil!!

Back
Top Bottom