MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Your welcome of course!!! got any ideas for the tiny green bugs under my sweet potato plants in my flower boxes? lol the soapy water doesnt do the trick, and Im afraid to seven dust them with pups!

I was visited by chicken experts today, lol, and one of them gave me some kaolin clay powder. He said you can mix it with sand for dust bathing, like DE, but he also said it is good for getting rid of pests on plants. I have no idea where to get it though, he said he had a bunch lying around. ?

I was visited by chicken experts today, lol, and one of them gave me some kaolin clay powder.  He said you can mix it with sand for dust bathing, like DE, but he also said it is good for getting rid of pests on plants. I have no idea where to get it though, he said he had a bunch lying around. ?

Did the ivermectin work?

Did the ivermectin work?

Like a charm! The chickens were pronounced healthy & pest free. The only issues he saw were a few damaged/ crooked keel bones & a few swollen feet. Pretty cool to get a free check-up from chicken experts. They were from UC Davis & doing a study on backyard flocks' health.

Thanks. She has 2 friends to play with right now. 3 more to hatch.

So here's my question. Anyone know if wing sexing Austra Whites work like normal??
I've been reading and it's unclear but at least I found the coined name for my little mix.

Aw thats great :D

Like a charm! The chickens were pronounced healthy & pest free.  The only issues he saw were a few damaged/ crooked  keel bones & a few swollen feet. Pretty cool to get a free check-up from chicken experts.  They were from UC Davis & doing a study on backyard flocks' health. 

Nice. How do you sign up for that? What was the dose you used??

Nice. How do you sign up for that? What was the dose you used??

I signed up at the workshop I went to in Oakland. I think they have enough people though cause everyone there signed up for it, lol. If you want I can send you their email though, & you can ask if they need any more participants in their study on backyard flocks.

I used the 4 ml of injectable ivermectin per gallon in the water.

Just moved my chicks to the big-girl coop today. They seem to be doing ok out there so far. Love my cream legbar cockerel; he's SOOO cute.
love.gif

@generaldsherman Do you have a photo of your cream legbar cockerel? How old are your chicks? I am trying to get mine moved to the big girl coop and it is not going well.

Back
Top Bottom