MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

I told them I would borrow THEIRS for approx 5 weeks lol!

Goodnight everyone see you in the am

Last edited:
Wonderful! I have my first ever guineas in the incubator now. 

I will have guineas and chickens hatching all through may

I never was tempted by guineas, but now that the neighbors behind me have them, I really don't understand wanting them. I have to shoo them out of my yard several times a day. They are very loud, and… I really would like to know the attraction to them. Could either of you tell me?
Hey! I've got Ancona duck eggs coming out of my ears here! I've got sportsman clear full to hatch may 1st and 8th plus a broody ohiki sitting on 6 more Ancona eggs.
Anyone need eggs for the hatchalong? Lol

It must really hurt to have duck eggs coming out of your ears. :hugs So sorry for your pain.

Last edited:
I never was tempted by guineas, but now that the neighbors behind me have them, I really don't understand wanting them. I have to shoo them out of my yard several times a day. They are very loud, and… I really would like to know the attraction to them. Could either of you tell me?
It must really hurt to have duck eggs coming out of your ears. :hugs So sorry for your pain.
Besides superior tick control I can see no benefit to them. Although I've heard they are good to eat.

setting 12+ BLRW/RSL crosses and 12 lav orps on May 1st
big_smile.png
maybe more, who knows

I'm in!
I have eggs set to hatch May 6-8. Langshan, Columbian Wyandottes, and barnyard mixes.
I think this will be it for me for a while unless a hen goes broody. Have to keep chicken & garden chores to a minimum with fishing season started and camping on the horizon. (This morning we were at 98 chickens and a turkey. Sold 3 Silkies! Bought 6 poults. 95 chickens and 7 turkeys tonight. About 45 chicken eggs and 1 goose egg in the bators- someone stop me!!!)
:bow

Back
Top Bottom