MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Alright, I set 27 chicken eggs to hatch with the turkey egg I set a week ago today, and I candled that one and it shows some veining. The one I set on Wednesday isn't showing much yet, and I finally found the real nest. And so has the dog, who smells like so many bad eggs, having a fight in her bowel as to who stinks worse, the smell from her gas is so bad that it lingers for an hour after she leaves. My nose hairs tingle. I sent her to sleep in the baby's room. I found today's turkey egg, and thought, hey, why not? So now it's a staggered turkey hatch. But the first poult and all the chicks should hatch together. The 27 chicken eggs are a random mix of mostly cream Legbar eggs, and my breeder pens are actually also grow out pens too... So everyone is all together now. So, olive eggers will be forthcoming, along with possible purebreds. I only have two breeds :p
Still, I am sure a few more birds never hurt.

Gah! That dog is sitting behind me now, offgassing! Anyone have a cork? Could that stuff be harnessed as fuel for a propane tank? It's enough to make you wish you didn't have a sense of smell! Sometimes I wish dogs didn't find raw eggs so tasty...XP

[COLOR=4B0082]And I'd totally give them to you. I want them to have a good home.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]I live in Canada, unfortunately of course, for this transaction to occur. :/ [/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]I'm hoping the neighbors up the road will give them a nice home once they build a coop.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]They're fantastic broodies so far, so they're redeeming themselves that way.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]Somehow I accidently put one of their eggs in and I have a baby Silkie cross chick. :barnie [/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]I pulled my rooster 2 days ago and I hope to A.I. from here on....so I don't plan on these Silkie hens being fertile again.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]So I can make it work if they stay. :thumbsup [/COLOR]
this makes me want to cry! Lol I have been trying for Silkies and silkie mutts since I started with chickens! :oops: can we ship them? lol

Oh crap...someone mentioned about multi quotes?
I saw that and forgot to answer.

To multi quote, just keep clicking on multi for the posts you wish to quote.
When you wish to reply to the quotes you've chosen, click on the reply button.
The quotes will be waiting for you in this reply box.
Insert your comments in the places you wish to reply.

(I hope I explained that clearly enough) :old
that's how it works for me!

Well 10 of 10 yellow goldens made it to lockdown and all 10 hatched. 2 With my assistance but they are all doing very well the first 9 have already moved to the brooder last one is drying and will move him as soon as he looks ready.
yayyyyyy congratulations!!!!!!!!

Thanks Liz!!!!!

Good luck with yours too!

I hear chirping! An internal pip!
yesss.gif

I am impatiently waiting on a few eggs that are going into day 18! I have a few more a few days behind them. My first lone egg was due yesterday or so but it didn't make it. It looked like a lavender, so I am a little sad, but thinking about how many more eggs I get to hatch.

As usual, high humidity is killing me. I may start putting my Silkie eggs in my cabinet incubator where the dual fans help eggs loose moisture. It is full of duck eggs though!

Just unplugged the bator, tomorrow I will eggtopsy all the eggs
sad.png
So sorry. That is not good.

Just filled muh bators.
Yippee! Congrats! And, Good luck!

Alright, I set 27 chicken eggs to hatch with the turkey egg I set a week ago today, and I candled that one and it shows some veining. The one I set on Wednesday isn't showing much yet, and I finally found the real nest. And so has the dog, who smells like so many bad eggs, having a fight in her bowel as to who stinks worse, the smell from her gas is so bad that it lingers for an hour after she leaves. My nose hairs tingle. I sent her to sleep in the baby's room. I found today's turkey egg, and thought, hey, why not? So now it's a staggered turkey hatch. But the first poult and all the chicks should hatch together. The 27 chicken eggs are a random mix of mostly cream Legbar eggs, and my breeder pens are actually also grow out pens too... So everyone is all together now. So, olive eggers will be forthcoming, along with possible purebreds. I only have two breeds
tongue.png

Still, I am sure a few more birds never hurt.
Oh my goodness, that poor baby! That sounds just horrible!
sickbyc.gif
Good luck with the eggs.

I hear chirping! An internal pip!
yesss.gif

I am so happy for you! That is wonderful news! Now all you have to do is wait and enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom