MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

The ameracauna chick didn't make it. There was far too much moisture left in the egg and he drowned. The buff orp also died before pipping externally. So final count is 17 chicks.

@Wickedchicken6 I took photos today. She doesn't have much black on her now..what happened? She has some pretty markings though. Some brownish and orangish..lol..markings..thus the name Smudge. :)
Dad was a beautiful and sweet RIR, mom was the Leghorn....

Little bit of black in there. She had one tail feather that was black. Wonder where it went..lol..
idunno.gif

Hoping for eggs by next month. :)
love.gif
She's beautiful!!

Maybe she's like a rabbit in winter, except opposite??
hmm.png

gig.gif
idunno.gif

Quote:
Happy anniversary!! And good luck!!

I got the ok for hatching eggs when my husband went to his knee surgeon (close proximity) and he's going to the dentist tomorrow...
and I'm getting 2 budgies!!!!
ya.gif

(What? I'm not excited...not at all.) Ok...move along people...
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yeah...UPS should have white glove service...and smack themselves upside the noggin with their white gloved hand!

C'mon now, aren't we ALL in denial here????
gig.gif

Ok...NO more typing....I'm doin' ma nails.
pop.gif

(You guys'll just have to live without me for now.)
wink.png

Last edited:
:love [COLOR=4B0082]  She's beautiful!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]Maybe she's like a rabbit in winter, except opposite??[/COLOR] :/

:gig    :idunno

[COLOR=4B0082]Happy anniversary!! And good luck!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]I got the ok for hatching eggs when my husband went to his knee surgeon (close proximity)  and he's going to the dentist tomorrow...[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]and I'm getting 2 budgies!!!!  :ya [/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082](What? I'm not excited...not at all.)  [/COLOR] [COLOR=4B0082]Ok...move along people...:D [/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]Yeah...UPS should have white glove service...and smack themselves upside the noggin with their white gloved hand![/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]C'mon now, aren't we ALL in denial here????[/COLOR]
:gig

[COLOR=4B0082]Ok...NO more typing....I'm doin' ma nails.[/COLOR] :pop
[COLOR=4B0082](You guys'll just have to live without me for now.)[/COLOR] ;)  
Thank you lol

Super frustrated with my Dorking eggs and its only day18. Candled last night to make final "toss or keep" call. Out of 2 eggs, 6 clears and 5 blood ring/quitters. That is 11 of 24 eggs non-viable for hatch! Ugh. Just hoping most of the 13 left hatch. I guess I am more frustrate since this hatch is not for me and I want it to go well. I wonder why I had so many early quitters, it's almost 1/3 of them.. I have a 1588 and I kept the humidity a little lower is time since last hatch I had 13/62 fully formed but drowned in egg so I was worried that I had my humidity too high during the first part.

Super frustrated with my Dorking eggs and its only day18. Candled last night to make final "toss or keep" call. Out of 2 eggs, 6 clears and 5 blood ring/quitters. That is 11 of 24 eggs non-viable for hatch! Ugh. Just hoping most of the 13 left hatch. I guess I am more frustrate since this hatch is not for me and I want it to go well. I wonder why I had so many early quitters, it's almost 1/3 of them.. I have a 1588 and I kept the humidity a little lower is time since last hatch I had 13/62 fully formed but drowned in egg so I was worried that I had my humidity too high during the first part.

I am sorry
sad.png

14 days left to enter ALL the Contests!!

OOL New CONTESTS

w/ fantastic Prizes donated by…

i-kDcTPGfk1qTz7wqbYaWDF1SVWWLyDeZPfnT6Qq5WhIQQDYaFjgup8RJ1NafnbTG0JCGEDNCWpaTS7SrthAevspyg49BCYFZ6_ntlcBCR_Norca-Torkt_te3b1P2wJ-1QeZK0w

Remembering Our Fallen CLICK HERE

Random Drawing to be chosen from the stories.

If the winner doesn’t want a coop $250 MPC credit.

Poultry Shaming Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Show your Stripes! Patriotic Poultry CLICK HERE

Patriotic Party! Red, White & Blue Recipe/Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Shouldered Poultry Photo Contest! CLICK HERE

Poultry in Nature! Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Natural Eggs & Flowers Photo Contest! CLICK HERE

A FEW EXTRA CONTEST FROM OUR MEMBERS!

Head Shots Photo Contest! MAY HAL Members ONLY CLICK HERE

MAY "SHARE A LAUGH" CLICK HERE - Prizes are yet to be determined.

Can someone help me? My newly hatched chick did not got up and walk right away and also appears to have a red bean shaped thing attached to its back end! Help!

Back
Top Bottom