MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Candled mine today (Day 14)...some look good, some look different from the ones that look good, so I just left everything in there! I don't really know what I'm doing!

I then realized that I'll be out all day on Day 18 and won't be back till late. So, can I candle them on Day 17 (late afternoon) and do the whole 'lockdown' thing then? Or will that be a problem?

Aww.
hit.gif
Yeah, sucks. They're such cutie fluffies.
I am thinking I should order an Ayam Cemami egg. I love the way those look. Wish they had bantam black birds..

Yeah, sucks. They're such cutie fluffies.
I am thinking I should order an Ayam Cemami egg. I love the way those look. Wish they had bantam black birds..

Not to tempt you, but...

Sorry, the breed is just gorgeous, and, you know, any excuse to share pictures :p

Interestingly enough I do believe bantam ayam cemanis exist, I've seen pictures, they're just extremely rare and I don't think in the US yet. But the breed isn't very big to begin with - my TM line hens are about silkie sized.

Last edited:
So my husband and I are frantically trying to build a bantam coop (autocorrect put Batman lol) before we go to Seattle for the memorial day weekend so our house sitter doesn't have to deal worth garage chickens. Abt half way there. Will have to take pics.

So today I set
14 Bresse
10 Black Maran
22 Rhodebars
3 Light Brahma
5 Goose eggs
4 Muscovys
3 Red/Yellow Golden Pheasants
And 6 Peacock eggs.

Not to tempt you, but...

Sorry, the breed is just gorgeous, and, you know, any excuse to share pictures
tongue.png

Interestingly enough I do believe bantam ayam cemanis exist, I've seen pictures, they're just extremely rare and I don't think in the US yet. But the breed isn't very big to begin with - my TM line hens are about silkie sized.
droolin.gif

They are very beautiful.
Wait...silkie sized?! Oh, yes, I can do that...now, should I do that is a different story...

Eh, what the hell...are they a mellow breed? As in, will it be easy going with my serama?

I have one Silkie out. It looks silvery/lavender with yellow wing tips and feet.... Can't wait till it's fluffy!! One black showgirl is almost hatched. One tiny Serama too, from a micro frizzle egg.

I have 3 silkies almost day 18. Duck eggs are sleeping.

Back
Top Bottom