MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

LL

This is way cool..love that boy watching over them.
smile.png

Guessing you have by now.  Should be fine now either way.  :)  Is it walking today?  

I took it off after seeing what you said about paddle walking. He's getting better, so once again, my friend, you nailed it! I'd never seen anything like that before, unless you count around Easter time when stores sell those little wind-up chicks! That's what made the video so doggone cute, sad as it is. I touched his back and he looked just like one of them! Poor little dude!!

Pick the ones with the best air cells after letting them rest.

I candled after I unpacked them and see no air cells at all ??? After they rest for 24 hours should I be able to see air cells? They were laid by hens on Thursday and shipped 2day so they are right at 3 days old.

Mama had her brood out on their first foraging trip today. It only lasted a few minutes before bringing them back to the coop for a warm up.

Of course, they couldn't go out without a big strong guardian rooster standing watch.

Lovely Images!!!
Quote:
x2
First one out and another one is about done zipping! Have several others that are pipped but 3 that are not. Still only day 20 but gosh I'm excited! I completely forgot that I didn't have anymore of the cabinet liners so I hurried and out a dish towel down before they started popping out so they didn't get hurt.
CONGRATS!!!!!

Quote: Cuties!!!! congrats Carrie!!

Day 13.5 candling done. 9 moving and looking good , 2 may have been napping and 7 are nada, quitters and a blood ring. One more week to go! Come on Giant babies!!
Good Luck!!

I picked up my hatching eggs at post office this morning! Can't wait to get them in incubator.

Problem is.... I ordered 6.... They sent me 12! My incubator only holds 7. What to do!?!?

I can fit 9 in without the auto turner, so could hand turn the first few days in hopes only 7 turn out fertile?!? Thoughts? (I have the brinsea mini advance.)
if you turn by hand does that give you more room?

I just got a batch of guinea eggs from a friend into the 'bator, but I'm pretty sure they were refrigerated for a few days. We shall wait and see what develops.
idunno.gif
Good Luck!!!

YOU ONLY HAVE 10 MORE DAYS

For awesome chances to win great prizes!!!

COOL New CONTESTS

w/ fantastic Prizes donated by…

i-kDcTPGfk1qTz7wqbYaWDF1SVWWLyDeZPfnT6Qq5WhIQQDYaFjgup8RJ1NafnbTG0JCGEDNCWpaTS7SrthAevspyg49BCYFZ6_ntlcBCR_Norca-Torkt_te3b1P2wJ-1QeZK0w

Remembering Our Fallen CLICK HERE

Random Drawing to be chosen from the stories.

If the winner doesn’t want a coop $250 MPC credit.

Poultry Shaming Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Show your Stripes! Patriotic Poultry CLICK HERE

Patriotic Party! Red, White & Blue Recipe/Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Shouldered Poultry Photo Contest! CLICK HERE

Poultry in Nature! Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Natural Eggs & Flowers Photo Contest! CLICK HERE

A FEW EXTRA CONTEST FROM OUR MEMBERS!

Head Shots Photo Contest! MAY HAL Members ONLY CLICK HERE

MAY "SHARE A LAUGH" CLICK HERE - Prizes are yet to be determined.

We have Silkies!! So far we have 4 yellowish ones and 2 blackish ones, and a few more pipped. The first little black hatched has really bad splayed legs. And one of the yellow ones was an assisted hatch - I was a nervous wreck but got it done. He pipped on the pointy end, and was positioned in such a way that his head would only go one way, and he already had that hole pecked - just couldn't get his head moved to chip away at the rest of it. He's got curled feet. So I need to get the vet wrap back out and wrap them.
Congrats! I love silkie babies!
I officially ended my first hatch, I started out with 18 eggs and I got 12 chicks. I had one blood ring, one I damaged while adjusting the metal bars on my Brinsea Octagon, one that zipped but never progressed past that and three that never pipped (they could have actually been clears/blood rings they were Marans and Marans cross Olive Eggers, difficult to candle and I couldn't make myself toss them until I gave them a chance). Five Black Copper Marans, five Olive Eggers, and two Orp/Marans crosses hatched out, adorable little fuzzballs! Carrie
Congrats on your first hatch! May there be many more in your future!
Mama had her brood out on their first foraging trip today. It only lasted a few minutes before bringing them back to the coop for a warm up. Of course, they couldn't go out without a big strong guardian rooster standing watch.
So many chicks for such a little momma! How adorable!

Back
Top Bottom