MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

I have two full brooders of chicks that guy still didn't make it! 12 or so Ccl pullets Brahma Or Serama start drivin
stop tempting me!! lol you are a looooong drive

barnie.gif

HOW can anyone be a no-show for CHICKS?? Every time I get some, I have to restrain myself from getting there early!
hide.gif
X2

i think i am getting more babies this weekend, when my DH disappears long enough for me to disappear to get them
big_smile.png

Ok, here is an update on my hatch. The chick that hatched from the rejected egg is doing great! She is with the hen now, and the hen also hatched out 2 other chicks (boys). So we have 1 female chick & 2 males.

Pretty bad hatch rate this time. I had 0/6 eggs hatch in the incubator, the hen hatched 2/5 eggs and 1 egg was brooded by the hen & hatched in the incubator. So a total of 3 eggs out of the 12 hatched.

Not complaining though, at least I got a few chicks & the pullet I wanted!

The hen got off the nest today with her 3 chicks, and one of the other hens came up & started bothering them so I put the mama and the chicks in the little coop where they can be left in peace. Here are some pics from when they got off the nest:

Thanks for all the help & encouragement everyone! I'm so happy we ended up with some chicks!

Ok, here is an update on my hatch. The chick that hatched from the rejected egg is doing great! She is with the hen now, and the hen also hatched out 2 other chicks (boys). So we have 1 female chick & 2 males.

Pretty bad hatch rate this time. I had 0/6 eggs hatch in the incubator, the hen hatched 2/5 eggs and 1 egg was brooded by the hen & hatched in the incubator. So a total of 3 eggs out of the 12 hatched.

The hen got off the nest today with her 3 chicks, and one of the other hens came up & started bothering them so I put the mama and the chicks in the little coop where they can be left in peace. Here are some pics from when they got off the nest:

Thanks for all the help & encouragement everyone! I'm so happy we ended up with some chicks!
So pretty!!! Congratulations!!!

Ok, here is an update on my hatch. The chick that hatched from the rejected egg is doing great! She is with the hen now, and the hen also hatched out 2 other chicks (boys). So we have 1 female chick & 2 males. Pretty bad hatch rate this time. I had 0/6 eggs hatch in the incubator, the hen hatched 2/5 eggs and 1 egg was brooded by the hen & hatched in the incubator. So a total of 3 eggs out of the 12 hatched. Not complaining though, at least I got a few chicks & the pullet I wanted! The hen got off the nest today with her 3 chicks, and one of the other hens came up & started bothering them so I put the mama and the chicks in the little coop where they can be left in peace. Here are some pics from when they got off the nest: Thanks for all the help & encouragement everyone! I'm so happy we ended up with some chicks!
Ah, so sweet! I am happy for you and mama hen!

I'm not sure if l asked about chicken show transport boxes here but this is the one I made. There are 3 dividers and the ones on the end can hold a pair and the one in the middle can hold a trio (of seramas) I added places for waterers to be attached incase they need to stay in there overnight or all day. I am super happy with how it turned out!

Quote:
IDK I am too trusting and get flocked think I would learn right? ughhh

awwwwwwww So cute!!!!
clap.gif

I'm not sure if l asked about chicken show transport boxes here but this is the one I made. There are 3 dividers and the ones on the end can hold a pair and the one in the middle can hold a trio (of seramas) I added places for waterers to be attached incase they need to stay in there overnight or all day. I am super happy with how it turned out!
awesome Shah!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...n-chat-meet-new-friends-w-host-sally-sunshine

The INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come hatch, learn, Chat, Meet new Friends w/ host, Sally Sunshine thread is open for anyone that wants to hatch and hang with us now that we end out this HAL, we wont do any more HALS until perhaps Halloween, I need a break and I am sure Mike as well.... many of you already are over with us, but for those that are still hatching and want some help or hatch with head on over as well. I am always hatching something, I set below and I think my duck eggs from CHOAS just pulled in!!

I had three trays of eggs fall into the bator today, some are probably too old, procrastinated setting, have four dozen serama to set later tonight too.

Back
Top Bottom