MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

I would bring momma and eggs in. Make her a nest in a tote or something. Put her and her eggs in it and place an expandable screen over her so she can't jump out and refuse the eggs. I would put her in a dark room or closet. That will keep her still and calm too. I have the means to make a small pen inside which is what I would do till the storms are over.

Thanks for the idea... Unfortunate I don't have a crate. I've gently moved momma and eggs into an enclosed plastic nest box with a bottom and roof... She hopped right in and started barking at me so....

My tooth just fell out.. I was eating a cosmic brownie and thought "wow this m&m is really hard.."
1f602.png
1f602.png

I think an m&m accidentally got caught in it and next thing the tooth is in the brownie and i thought it was the m&m till i looked in a mirror lol

Also, to clarify, it's good that it fell out.

It's been loose since August even before and very loose this week, could push it almost horizontal, and we were gonna get it pulled soon or let it fall our. I have 2 baby teeth with no adults behind them. My dad does too exceot his fell out around the same age. It was just a bit shocking..
1f602.png

I mean, I'm eating a brownie and next thing I know my tooths in the brownie
1f602.png
What a surprise, glad it came out since in needed too.

I think this hatch is finished. Not as good as I would have liked, but I hatched 40 out of 67. Most of the unhatched eggs were my dark green eggs I couldn't see into. They may not have been fertile.

Congratulations! Done hatching now?
lau.gif

Quote: orloffs are so friendly!
My tooth just fell out.. I was eating a cosmic brownie and thought "wow this m&m is really hard.."
1f602.png
1f602.png

I think an m&m accidentally got caught in it and next thing the tooth is in the brownie and i thought it was the m&m till i looked in a mirror lol

Also, to clarify, it's good that it fell out.

It's been loose since August even before and very loose this week, could push it almost horizontal, and we were gonna get it pulled soon or let it fall our. I have 2 baby teeth with no adults behind them. My dad does too exceot his fell out around the same age. It was just a bit shocking..
1f602.png

I mean, I'm eating a brownie and next thing I know my tooths in the brownie
1f602.png
oh my!! my kiddo has a loose one that she is having issues with her gum being so sore from it. I wish it would just fall out allready, but its not ready yet, I cant just tell its not wiggling enough!

I think this hatch is finished. Not as good as I would have liked, but I hatched 40 out of 67. Most of the unhatched eggs were my dark green eggs I couldn't see into. They may not have been fertile.
not bad if the greenies were probably unferts! so that makes 140 chicks LOL!!!!

Here are our Lavender Orpingtons with a closer look at the combs. Forgot to get a closeup of the last one, but really no comb yet. @Sally Sunshine @Ur-ur-ur-urrr @sjturner79

wow thats tought to tell I say two is male, but I think you need more time ! cute chicks too!!

orloffs are so friendly!

wow thats tought to tell I say two is male, but I think you need more time !  cute chicks too!!

We just love the Orloffs. They really hold their own even though their the smallest, and they're always the first to investigate anything new.

#2 has a bit of color to the comb and legs like tree trunks. The rest look a lot less roostery since we switched to the ceramic bulb. I think the red light was enhancing their combs, lol!

They really adjusted quickly to no light at night. They fussed about ten minutes last night and five tonight when we turned off the light.

Thanks for the idea... Unfortunate I don't have a crate. I've gently moved momma and eggs into an enclosed plastic nest box with a bottom and roof... She hopped right in and started barking at me so....
I have some corrogated plastic panels that I connect with pins. all hand made that I put together when raising chicks. I also have a dog play pen I can set up for the larger chickens. I put screens over the top so they don't get out. I also have an old big plastic trough that I've used for chicks and broody hens. You can get an old baby play pen, old console tv. Just about anything can be made into a place to put a broody hen. I've even used a 20 gal aquarium in a pinch.

I've been heartbroken. This morning I had 12 about to hatch eggs under hen.... After church I see one that looks to be half crushed and only 5 others. I've looked for signs and have found none. My guess is a snake.

The one with a crushed she'll still breaths but idk. I'm giving the poor thing every chance by bringing it in and placing in my now running incubator with its other surviving egg mates.

Back
Top Bottom