Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

You should drive through suburbia.  I saw a mess of houses with bagged leaves out front in the Muskegon area.  Must be the same where you are?  I already cleaned up 5 acres of leaves but mulched all the maple.  How about posting on CL in the wanted section?

Thank you for the advice. I just scored 4 big bags of leaves from a suburbia driveway waiting for trash pick up! My goats are feasting as I type!!!

I have reached the point of needing to sell some eggs. I'm thinking $4 per dozen since that's what the big stores are getting for their bs organic eggs. I'm using new pulp containers with my own label on it. Just for fun I would like to hear from other BYC Michiganders how much you are selling your eggs for.

@Opa, I'm sorry for your loss. We lost Grandma the very same way last year. She harvested 5 bushels of potatoes in the morning and was gone that night. It somehow made it less sad that way. Celebrate his life, and remember the good times.

Carton label proto-type.

Opa i am speachless. That was beautiful and sad. My heart goes out to you and your sons.

Silly, did you find out why? That is awful! So sorry.

Flufsilkies, is she still alive?? How does she look? One foreward one back, ? Or hobbling on one? Pooping normal? No hot joints on the legs? How old? Are you helping her eat and drink? Is she getting enough?

Just found out this morning my good Jacobs ewe died... I swear I can't get ahead.

Why does stuff always happen when I'm away?

My chicken can't walk help!

I have reached the point of needing to sell some eggs. I'm thinking $4 per dozen since that's what the big stores are getting for their bs organic eggs. I'm using new pulp containers with my own label on it. Just for fun I would like to hear from other BYC Michiganders how much you are selling your eggs for.

@Opa, I'm sorry for your loss. We lost Grandma the very same way last year. She harvested 5 bushels of potatoes in the morning and was gone that night. It somehow made it less sad that way. Celebrate his life, and remember the good times.

$1.50. I have mine way to cheap, even if most are banty eggs...

Sorry about your uncle, but what a wonderful way to go out. Guns blazing and active till the end.

John, you must have been up here during a mild spell. Last winter made up for all that.

So sorry to hear about your uncle, Opa, there are some folks who you just wish were around for just a little longer.
Not really. It was a snowy place but Northern Maine is worse. I still have friends in both places and keep tabs on what's what. You are right though - last winter was a snow maker. Pretty sure we're in for another one.

Actually, come to think of it, when I was there 99-02, the snow levels were down. A mess of people that rode the od RR grades were selling their sleds. Well at least now the snow's back, eh?

Back
Top Bottom