Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hello Michigan BYC members,

I just joined today and I am new to raising chickens. We live in West Michigan and I am excited to have a group of other Michigan BYC members to learn from. Sorry to hear the site was pulled because of bad behavior?? I hope to gather lots of good information from everyone as I learn the ropes myself.

Thanks!

Pigeon River? Well, I am now in Scottville and have a pond and also have a small stretch of property on south branch of Lincoln river adjoining my home.. Welcome to BYC. We are downsizing a bit and have some chickens free to a good home if anyone is interested. If you have questions, feel free to ask as everyone on here is mostly helpful.

Hello Michigan BYC members,

I just joined today and I am new to raising chickens. We live in West Michigan and I am excited to have a group of other Michigan BYC members to learn from. Sorry to hear the site was pulled because of bad behavior?? I hope to gather lots of good information from everyone as I learn the ropes myself.

Thanks!
Hi there
welcome-byc.gif

I can't help you learn anything cause I'm new to chickens too, I just wanted to welcome you!
ya.gif

Does anyone have muscovies? I'm looking for hens or babies, I am in Millington,MI
I have muscovy ducklings hatching out today under a new muscovy hen down by Detroit. I think you're an hour and a half north of me though. All chocolate or chocolate pied if the genes do what I want them to and no white head/canzie genes, not that it brings them closer to you.
But regardless, YAY for babies! and yay for mommy duck taking care of them and not me doing it!

Last edited:
It looks like I will have to give up my flock. Anyone interested in wonderful BAs, BOs & EEs? I would like to keep the girls together if possible.

My mom's health has taken a huge turn for the worse. She'll be moving into a hospice facility tomorrow or Monday.
Her illness has been taking so much of my time that I need to downsize everything and prepare for the inevitable.

I'll also be getting her house ready to sell and set up some kind of estate sale. She has a vast collection of Hull pottery if anyone is interested in that. There are several "Bandana Duck" pieces. They are pretty cool.

The only upside to this ordeal is that after Mom passes, I can get the heck out of this city.

So sorry about your mom.

My three 4 week old E.O. look more like cockerel than pullets right now, I know I need to wait a few more weeks, but if my suspicions are correct, can someone suggest a reputable breeder of true English Orpingtons?

Anyone is welcome at Chickenstock, there is no entrance fee, although a donation to help cover the cost of renting the pavilion is greatly appreciated. If you plan to eat, plan to bring either a dish to pass or platic plates, silverware, etc (see the members page listed below in my Sig line). If you want to participate in the gift exchange, bring a gift - does not have to be either large or fancy. The food is always great and plentiful, and the gifts are fun.

Back
Top Bottom