Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hello I have a Royal Palm Tom and two hens I would like to rehome. They are a year old and the hens are laying. I would prefer that they not be eaten but provided a good home. I live in Jackson if anyone is interested. Thanks

Jim,
this was an excellent time to post Turkeys considering all the positive talk going on here :)

I would love to have some and am wondering what the housing needs are for turkeys?

Jim,
this was an excellent time to post Turkeys considering all the positive talk going on here :)

I would love to have some and am wondering what the housing needs are for turkeys?
Lots of friendly turkey people over at Pennsylvania Unite--they were just talking about keeping turkeys with chickens....Dennis over there breeds lots of turkeys and chickens.

I'd love to see how your coop came out. While I haven't been on in quite awhile, Randy stopped by and told me that you had finished it so I will check in for the next several days.
Hi Sam, good to see you back!
Well you might be disappointed, but Joe and I did not build the coop out of the logs as we initially intended to do, we decided to split the logs and use them for siding, I think it still looks great!

It is not totally done, we need to finish the back, and put up the corner posts, then I will post the pictures, and you will see how nice your cedar logs turned out to be! :)

Lots of friendly turkey people over at Pennsylvania Unite--they were just talking about keeping turkeys with chickens....Dennis over there breeds lots of turkeys and chickens.
Lelanae,
Thank you for the suggestion! I hear so many "pros" about turkeys but also how having the mix of the two can be difficult on the turkeys. We do have a lot of wild turkeys around our property as well. So, that concerns me other than not wanting to ever eat the ones I get because I hear they are so endearing :).

I'd love to see how your coop came out. While I haven't been on in quite awhile, Randy stopped by and told me that you had finished it so I will check in for the next several days.
Hi Sam,

Our ducks are enjoying your nice coop! We had to build a sloping ramp out of the side of it so the ducks can have an easier time getting into the run. I will ask Brett to post a picture of that :)

Hi Sam, good to see you back!
Well you might be disappointed, but Joe and I did not build the coop out of the logs as we initially intended to do, we decided to split the logs and use them for siding, I think it still looks great!

It is not totally done, we need to finish the back, and put up the corner posts, then I will post the pictures, and you will see how nice your cedar logs turned out to be! :)
That sounds great! Do you have a build thread...if not you oughta! ;)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/coop-run-design-construction-maintenance.9/create-thread

Hi Sam! glad to hear from you too. I still miss those 'morning coffee' cartoons you posted! Mary
Me too! As well as his sage perspective on chickens and life in general.

Back
Top Bottom