Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hope everyone feels better.

I had started a flock of blue sumatra 2 yrs ago, now I will either need to rehome or send them to freezer camp. So if anyone wants them I would want a little money but not a lot.
Most of them are blue, but they will throw, black and white splash (very pretty birds) as well. The chicks from this spring are a mix of the colors. There are just not enough funds to keep feeding the livestock I have. The rabbits are all going to camp and if anyone wants a potbelly pig, peaches also needs a new home. I'm only keeping a small flock of my faverolles and barnyard stock.

I'm not having much luck finding a job and drowning in personal issues which is a horrid mix considering everything that's going on.

To top if off, the Kids and grandbaby have moved in for an undisclosed period of time. I have moved down to the basement for some semblance of quiet, as I am very much used to being by myself. (DH travels all the time for work). I am happy to spend some time with the grand baby though so there is a silver lining in there.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.
I’m so sorry about having to rehome many of your animals. Could you post some more info on the pig? A family member of mine has been really wanting one, and I so I’ve kept my eyes open. Peaches is the name you said? How old? What do potbelly pigs need to survive? I’m guessing like a a pasture, a shelter, hay, grain?

Hello all. My usual long between posts. And Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and all that jazz. Yep, heavy snow yesterday and 50's by the end of the week again. Lots of work here on the farm. Planning ahead on a new coop/sugar shack combo since I only burn for a few weeks to make sugar. Need to get a few pigs in the spring so have to start cleaning up those pens. Put a couple deer in the freezer and since I stopped buying hunting gear 40 years ago, and process my own animals, the cost is basically some gas and a license. Missing the RaZ on here and Facebook. He's in good place with Opa, Granny, and a few others I'm hoping. Is it May yet?

Back
Top Bottom