Minnesota!

3rd night in their coop, they looooove it!

Those are Polish! The have a helmet head too! LOL They have a vaulted skull which makes them stick up even more. Some Silkies are vaulted as well and those are the better crests.

JailerJoe, my sympathies to you. This AI stuff is frustrating for all of us trying to sell birds, and other states are bringing on tougher restrictions too. It is a mess. Shows and swaps are being cancelled because of it in other states too.

Thanks Bogtown, you are too kind.

Ralphie, am completely baffled with what is going on with my stuff. I have been hatching like this for over 3 seasons now, and never have had such a horrible time of it. One hatch here or there is one thing, but 5 in a row? There is something I am missing. I am holding off on setting any more until I can go through each unit and sanitize them completely. I can't take much more of this.
Then to add insult to injury, I had a prolapsed hen I had to put down, and somehow either the door popped open or the gate did on one of my Buckeye pens and Bucks were running in the pasture with 5 Cochin roosters, with 2 hens left in their pen with one other Cochin rooster. I am just waiting to get Q-slip from the state, that would top it off.
he.gif

So angry!!!!! Our local 4H poultry show got cancelled, so I asked my mom is state cancelled too and of course it is!!!!! So I guess NO POULTRY SHOWING for me this year :(

Ah she is pretty! Black Angus? Do you get milk from her? I had a cow when I was around 10 years old. I raised her from a heifer. (Guernsey) I got her since my grandfather gave me a bull calf. I was delighted in him, taught him to lead on halter etc then one day he was gone. I asked my gramps where he was and he replied, he is "wieners" by now! I was SOOOO angry at him, the women folk all asked him what kind of reaction did he expect? From that day forward I was offered a heifer since she would not be snatched away to the butchers. I knew bull calves were slaughtered, but he was mine, and my grandfather didn't even ask me before he took him. Suzy was a very satisfying project for me and she would come when called. Her mother (Alpha cow...not friendly at ALL) hated me from the day Susy was taken from her. She would charge if I went inside the pasture fence so Susy learned to come to me so my sorry bum didn't get trampled by Mom.

No she is half Tarentaise and half Angus. She is only 1 year old and will be bred in August if all goes as planned. My grandpa has a cow that chases me to. She is a Charlois red angusX. I think I spelt Cjarlois wrong... We got this calf last fall and she has been a sweety.

No she is half Tarentaise and half Angus. She is only 1 year old and will be bred in August if all goes as planned. My grandpa has a cow that chases me to. She is a Charlois red angusX. I think I spelt Cjarlois wrong... We got this calf last fall and she has been a sweety.

I love Charlois

Back
Top Bottom